What colors will bring out your brown eyes?

msmack

Re: Ok... brown eyed gals, what e/s look best on you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
I think alot depends on one's complexion even more than their eye colour. perhaps.....

I totally agree.

My best color is probably green. My favorite green is Nightlight pigment. I also wear a lot of browns.

mocha_queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvgz
if youre having troubles with blues.. you cant go wrong with deep truth. honestly, it makes brown eyes pop. my favorite blue

hah, I was just about to type this out
Blues - Deep Truth...Electric Eel...Aquidisiac...Newly Minted. They just make my eyes pop.

n606653987_301838_3908.jpg

Im wearing Deep Truth here.

browneyedbaby

Greens/turquoises for me - swimming, aquadisiac, bottle green, waternymph, parrot, kelly, surreal, steamy.

Lots of others too of course!

thelove4tequila

I really like purple on myself, something along the lines of Violet pigment! I also really really like blue eyeliner for my brown eyes.

Sushi.

definitly Greens! and of course Browns and Bronze like colors.
Blue have never worked well for my eyes at all. but ive always thought smokey brown eye looks are great with brown eyes.

MAC_Pixie04

Purples for me.

MUFE #92, Urban Decay "Last Call", UD 1999 eyeliner, Laura Mercier Chambourd e/s, Laura Mericer Black Violet eye kohl, Too Faced "Temper Temper" eyeshadow, MAC Hepcat and so on....

mreichert

MAC Pixie, how do you like the MUFE 92? I'm thinking of getting it, but would rather find a MAC dupe so I can fit it into my palette- is it comparable to any MAC e/s??

Ikara

purples and browns for me
Favs right now MUFE #115, violet pig, sweet sienna pig, naked lunch and satin taupe
I found out that greens and blues only look good on me if they are either dark or greyish.
And I'd go to golds rather than silvers but I think both look nice on me

K_ashanti

purples!!!!!!!pinks look good on me too, oh yeah and gold

Fearnotsomuch

My go to look that make my eyes pop includes the pink and purple e/s in the Showflower quad, a bit of black tied in the outer v, and some black liner.

Shadowy Lady

for me pretty much everything...I have some gold and green in my eyes though (depending on the light), so gold/brown colors make them pop!

iheartangE

Aside from pretty much everything (haha my eyes are so dark they're practically black so while there really isn't anything to complement that I've never had a color I couldn't wear), I recently found that using Brown Down e/s in my crease makes my eyes pop really well, with any color. HTH!

athena123

I'd say pretty much anything; your personal style, complexion and desired look have more to do with which color e/s you use than anything else.
I can wear purples, grays, greens, browns, blues, golds, silvers, pinks. I don't wear orange, black or any kind of neon yellow, red and blue but that's more of a personal preference than a limitation of my eye color.

Ayustar

Thing is, brown eyes pretty much go with anything. Depends on complexion too. Golds, ambers, purples *mostly eggplant, at least for me* I can pretty much get away with anything, I do fairly dramatic looks. Strangely enough, the best color for my eyes is brown...lol. Or pinks, pinks and browns together really do it for my eyes. Embark e/s and Pink Freeze...nice!

I love wearing blue but it isn't the most forgiving color, as I am sure you know. It is hard to work with depending. I find though, if I take a light color and put it on the inside of my eye and blend it out into a blue it is a lot nicer and less harsh. I would take a color like Chill or Vellum *since it has a bluish tone already* and blend it out to like...let's say...Electric Eel, and maybe to darken the crease try Deep Truth/Contrast. Line the waterline with Contrast, it looks awesome.

Or for me, the best blue I have for my brown eyes is Pompous Blue, but I seem to be able to work with Lusters really well, not everyone gets off that lucky. If you can make the lusters work, go for it! I saw one of your posts about trying to get blue to work, it was an FOTD, I thought you did an awesome job!

darkishstar

Greens and turquoises make my eyes pop: teal pigment, big t, waternymph, parrot, aquadisiac, delft paint pot, rollickin paint pot, sea me shadestick

Purples make my eyes pop as well.

But my brown eyes are closer to honey in color. So I use those colors to really bring out the gold in my eyes.

Dawn27

Help!! prom eye make-up for client with two different coloured eyes

Hi, can anyone help me. I havn't come across this dilema before. I have a young client requiring prom make-up. She tells me she has two different coloured eyes, brown and blue. Her dress is blue and she is self concious about drawing attention to her eyes. Personally I think she should draw attention to them, quite quirky and pretty.

So if anyone has any suggestions i would really appreciate it.

Oh and also any recs for covering scaring on the face.

Thanks
Dawn
th_dunno.gif

xxsgtigressxx

Re: Help!! prom eye make-up for client with two different coloured eyes

I mean, like you I would draw attention to that, but maybe you should try looking at photos of Kate Bosworth on the red carpet. She has a brown eye and a blue eye, so maybe you can get ideas from her make-up. And scarring, are we talking acne or injury or surgery scarring? Where? How severe?

Re: Help!! prom eye make-up for client with two different coloured eyes

I am also an Esthetician. I actually had the same problem before. If she doesn't want attention drawn to her eyes, which is kind of difficult, you don't want to use any colors that would make the blue pop, such as purples and plums and colors of the cool palette. I would stay as neutral as possible. a nice light brown in the crease and a deeper brown the corner would be nice. You may even want to use brown eyeliner since black will make her blue eye stand out more. Basically you want to create a very natural eye with colors that aren't considered complimentary to either the blue or brown eye. It is definitely a difficult situation. Too bad you can't talk her into just letting you really making her eyes stand out. It would be nice if she could get a color contact to match her eye color since she is so concerned about it. Whew, that was a long one. I hope that kind of helped!

Good luck!

Alyssa
Esthetician

Latest posts