What do I need? Weird skin thing.

hilaryrose

Hi!
I have a little problem. I have fairly normal skin - but it gets dry in my TZone. I moisturise all the time with the Aveeno spf15 moisturizer but my t zone just won't stop! it's more "dry" up between my eyebrows, but then it's just like... really dry flakey on the sides of my nose.
This bugs me a lot because it makes my makeup look bad! It makes my foundation kind of flakey (I use Bare Minerals) and it is just not attractive.

What do I need?
Do I need a different moisturizer or some kind of scrub?

Thanks!!

Mercurial

I have this around my nose and can definitely affect how foundation looks! I tend to use EA 8hour cream liberally before bed and then again in the morning and this helps. It does take a while to sink in though, so if I'm short of time I'll put a dab of Clarins Hydra-Quench serum there instead which sinks in quicker and helps to get rid of dryness. Would be good if it cleared completely but this works for now!

bell21

do you exfoliate regularly? I had that problem until I started exfoliating regularly (2-3 times a week). Lush's Ocean Salt works great for me.

hilaryrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial

I have this around my nose and can definitely affect how foundation looks! I tend to use EA 8hour cream liberally before bed and then again in the morning and this helps. It does take a while to sink in though, so if I'm short of time I'll put a dab of Clarins Hydra-Quench serum there instead which sinks in quicker and helps to get rid of dryness. Would be good if it cleared completely but this works for now!

Okay - so I definitely need a good cream then, I'll check those out! Thank you
greengrin.gif

do you exfoliate regularly? I had that problem until I started exfoliating regularly (2-3 times a week). Lush's Ocean Salt works great for me.
I didn't think of that! I did exfoliate just now so hopefully that will help. Thanks!

miss_supra

I get this in winter. What helped me was exfoliating more often and get a better moisturizer. I swear by skin care as the most important part of your make up. If you are on a budget for skincare try olay, if not Le Mar and SKII are the best I have ever used.

Mabelle

exfoliate 2-3 x a week and get a better moisturizer.

also, if you find with a more hydrating cream your still a bit dry, get a hyloronic acid. its a serum you put on before your cream that helps your skin absorb more moisture by anywhere from 500-1000% depending on the one you get. peter thomas roth makes some, as does make up forver (hd exlixir) and rexaline cream all have a hyloronic acid in them, but they also make a seperate serum which smells devine.