What do you do to not give in to all the sales?

sandykwm

Okay..my list of lemmings is increasing every day whenever I check my email to see all the great sales all the makeup companies are having. It's like I have so many eyeshadows but I still want some more...I just want to know what you do to not go crazy and spend a fortune on things that you don't necessarily need?

gildedangel

I personally look at something and ask myself, "Will I finish this within a few years?" If the answer is no, then I put it down. Personally, I buy makeup not only to look at (ooohhh pretty......) but to use. I also look to see if I have a similar color, I don't need ten eyeshadows that are the same color. I also try to budget myself, but that is hard for me to do haha. It is really hard sometimes, but I seem to manage.

I'm with you on that, the only thing that really helps kill my lemmings is to try to stay away from specktra and MUA.. but you know that doesn't last
specktra_rocks.gif
yes.gif

I also agree with gildedangel though and only try to buy things I can actually see myself using.

SerenityRaine

I barely bought any MAC for the past year... All was going well until I got bored & work & started spending more time on here. Here where there are a bunch of enablers LOL

stronqerx

If there's a sale, chances are I end up buying and spending more than I usually would. So I am pretty much not saving a whole lot, that's what I think to myself to keep away from all these sales.

ForgetRegret

I look at the pictures of my son that are scattered all over the place...and I realize that if I buy all the crap I want to buy...I won't have enough $$ to buy him a can of formula if he runs out before I get paid again (he never does, I always stock up on formula each payday, but still...the thought is a good deterrent).
winks.gif

TISH1124

I reorganize my mu, write down all the items I have, look at what I have hit pan on (nothing) ...and when I go thru whole process and see just how much I have and how much stuff I will never ever use up ...I get frustrated at myself and don't want to buy anything because it is crazy out of hand as it is...I then turn my obsession to other things like working out

Leilani78

I ask myself if I would really use it or if I have anything like it. If I still can't talk myself out of it, I wait a day and reevaluate. If that doesn't help then I remind myself that I need to save my money so I can get new tennis and golf. This helps me since I have been more active lately and kinda been playing less with my makeup.