What do you like to do to drum up business?

bananarchy

I've tried handing samples out around the store. I'm also going to have a table at the door this weekend and hand out free facial coupons. What works for you?

Skin*Deep

what line do you work for??

I used to use hand creams or exfoliators on customers with a little mini hand massage -
If your line has a bronzer, now is a good time to offer a test to people.
Or encourage passers by to sit down for a toner, moisturizer, foundation application.
I found that simply handing out a sample never really worked, they would go home, use it, love it or hate it, and continue with whatever they were doing. But, if you can get them to sit in your chair, feel, smell, and experience what you have to offer, their impulse is to buy (especially if you really hit it off with them) and there you have it a new loyal customer. Before I was in management I worked for Chanel and Clarins, so pretty expensive stuff to get people to buy that maybe weren't in the store looking for makeup....but getting your hands on them will really help!

colorlvr

Hello! I just started as a counter manager for Lancome and here are just a few of my ideas - and I don't even know if they are in compliance with company policy, but I'll be running them by our account manager this week:

*** Walk around the store with chocolate kisses and invitations for a free foundation match + sample, maybe put them on a pretty silver platter?

*** Hold 15 minute classes on different makeup topics such as eye makeup, lip makeup, the "5 minute face", day makeup vs. evening makeup, etc etc, plus some skin care classes such as an explanation of eye care products, I think people would be a lot more apt to buy if they know what they need, or know what their options are.

*** Have the Customer Service people make announcements through the day "Stop by the Lancome counter for a free makeover within the next 30 minutes and receive a free sample of foundation" or "Stop by the Lancome counter and see a preview of the the seasons new eye shadow colors"

*** Call every client on file and just drop some bait about whatever is new and exciting at your counter - talk about upcoming classes, events, products/colors, or in my case, I'll be calling them all just to let them know that we are fully staffed and excited to serve them (my counter hasn't had a single employee working it for a whole year!)

I would love to hear more ideas - or even criticism on mine~
smiles.gif

colorlvr

Another thing about samples - if you give out a sample, try to get their phone number or email so that you can touch base with them in a few days to see how they like it, suggest other items that go well with the sample they took, or to get them to come back and see what else you have. Ask it as a question, "Could I call you in a few days and see how you like it?" if they say no, ask THEM to call YOU and just let them know how you liked it - act genuinely interested (which I always am, I LOVE feedback and makeup reviews!)

That is how you make samples work for you.