What do you mean when you say "Wash"?

When people are describing how to use an e/s they often say it looks great as a wash. I have some idea but am not totally sure what is meant by this.

I think it means it goes over the whole eye area from lash to brow, but do you do this before the rest of the eyemake up of after to soften the look?

TIA

angeliquea~+

I always thought "wash" meant when you're just wearing the one eyesahdow over your whole lid (so with no other colours). I could be wrong though! Personally I wouldn't wear it right up to the brow (but then I'm by no means an expert so some other advice would be good!) but rather a little bit past the crease and you just blend it so it blends seamlessly into the rest of your lid.

HTH!

Ella_

to me a wash is a single shadow applied all over. Fairly intensley applied on the mobile lid and becoming sheerer as you move up to the brow bone.

flowerhead

A wash is a sheer layer of eyeshadow applied all over depending on the makeup look, usually applied with a large fluffy brush.

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
A wash is a sheer layer of eyeshadow applied all over depending on the makeup look, usually applied with a large fluffy brush.

exactly. and it's usually applied first, with the lid, crease and outer v colours applied over it if the look calls for more depth and the use of such colours.
winks.gif