what do you pair with star violet?

ladyJ

I've had star violet for quite some time now and I have not used it not once. I don't know what to use it with. I'm thinkin I can use it with sketch, but I'm not too sure. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

makeupgrl8

I just used it the other day. I used Pink Freeze on the inner lid, Da Bling on the outer and Star Violet in the crease.

Sketch would have been a great outer v color with the look above. I'll have to try that. I forgot how much I love that color!

brokenxbeauty

I love Star Violet! I use it on inner lid with Satellite Dreams on the outer V, or sometimes use it on the outer V with Satin Taupe on the inner lid. That's all I've tried so far..

gigglegirl

i use it with smoke and diamonds.
or satin taupe
or just a black shadow.
or with a dark purple shadow.

I truly LOVE this colour!!

tiramisu

I'm an NW20 and this shade makes me look ill, although it looks totally pretty in the pan.

I don't know what I am doing wrong with it, but it's just mocking me...

gigglegirl

aww tiramisu, sorry to hear that. LOL I've loved how it looks, and I'm NW15 in Studiostick, too pale for other mac foundations. Have you tried pairing it with greys? smoking it out? making sure your cheeks have a bit of colour?

nico

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiramisu
I'm an NW20 and this shade makes me look ill, although it looks totally pretty in the pan.

I don't know what I am doing wrong with it, but it's just mocking me...

I have the same problem,too
ssad.gif
It's an amazing colour but it doesn't look good on me

SpringDancer

I LOVE this e/s.
Some colors to pait it with: Shale, Nocturnelle, Expensive Pink, Woodwinked, Satin Taupe, Jest, Vex.
This is a great color! Have fun using it! :)

tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
aww tiramisu, sorry to hear that. LOL I've loved how it looks, and I'm NW15 in Studiostick, too pale for other mac foundations. Have you tried pairing it with greys? smoking it out? making sure your cheeks have a bit of colour?

Not really... but I'll give those suggestions a try, just for you GG...
yes.gif
th_wink3.gif

But you can guaran-damn-tee I'll be doing it at night, alone, with the eye m/up remover close at hand. LOL

FiestyFemme

I love Star Violet!
My fave combo is Jest on the lid, Mythology (or Expensive Pink) in the crease, and Star Violet in the outer V.
I haven't found a ton of ways to wear it, but this looks great.
I'm definitely going to try some of the other combos!
smiles.gif

Face2Mac

Jest or Melon in inner corner, Star Violet outer lid, Sketch for crease
Da Bling inner corner, Star Violet outer lid, Sketch or Twinks in the crease
Star Violet and Fertile e/s or Nocturnelle for pink/purple.

GlamQueen21

I've never tried Star Violet before but it sounds pretty. Try pairing it with Satellite Dreams(inner corner), Nocturnelle or Shadowy Lady(on the outer corner) and Crystal (for browbone).

monter

I use it a lot with Gleam on the lid, Star Violet in the crease, and Folie in the outer V. It's an interesting combo, but I get a lot of compliments on it.

blindpassion

I actually did a look with star violet yesterday
smiles.gif

What I did was take Solar White e/s and use it as a wash just on my lid, then I took Nylon and did a sweep over top of the Solar White. Then I put Star Violet in the crease with the 217 brush (quite a wide sweep, so its visible and not stuck in your crease
smiles.gif
and as a highlight color I did a wash of blanc type e/s and shroom e/s over top
smiles.gif

Looked fab!

BiancaOBlivion

I actually used star violet yesterday in what turned out to be one of my most successful complicated eyeshadow looks ever! I primed my lid with artifact paint pot, applied star violet all over the lid and a bit over the crease, softened the harsh lines with Naked lunch e/s, then I deepened the crease with twinks e/s and a tiny bit of handwritten over that to tone down the shimmer! then i applied dazzlelight e/s in the inner corner and onto the brow bone with a bit of blanc type e/s to tone down that shimmer. finally I applied blacktrack fluidline as close to my lash line as i could and very softly smoked that out with Black tied e/s.

I was really surprised and pleased with how this turned out! For the record I am NW15 with green eyes and dark brown hair! Thanks for reading!
yes.gif

January

Love Star Violet... I think it looks great in the crease with Seedy Pearl on the Lid. Simple.
smiles.gif