What do you recomend for my start up kit?

jenavii

Hello Ladies and Gents.

I'm filling my start up makeup kit for school and I still need some items, but there are so many choices I'm not sure which brand or product to go with!
th_confused_new.gif

• Disposable spong applicators
  • Wipes, Q-tips and Tissues
  • Cosmetic Sponges
  • Brush Cleaner
  • Mising Pallete
  • Pallete knife
  • Face producst (such as on the go cleaners and moisturizers)
As for the actual make up the recomended I just purchase the MAC Student Kits, so thats pretty much taken care of, BUT I'm still open to anything else you may think is a neccissity! TIA!

Kiseki

MUFE's spatula serves well as palette, I also love their sponges which are great quality, also love the cleanser which has a spray pump and it's alcohol based, so you can clean your brushes and dry them very fast if need arises.

As for moisturizers, opt for oil-free primers. MAC makes fairly decent makeup wipes and have a good eye makeup remover and a good liquid cleanser that isn't greasy that will allow you to remove face makeup fairly quickly without leaving the skin greased up.

cetati

The oil based MAC make up remover is excellent, and I definitely think that everyone, no matter the skin type, should have that (or the Kose one... or the Shiseido one.. I'm not picky, pick one) as their pre-cleanser. A two-step removal system is key to keeping your pores clean. Remember to rinse your face with cold water to make the pores appear smaller, when you're done washing your face!

Q-tips makes a great particular type of Q-tips that is a lot softer than the other no-name brands. MAC has a pretty good brush cleanser but it needs to be diluted 1 part to 3 parts warm water, check EnKore's videos on youtube on how to do that. In a pinch you can use a tad of baby shampoo in water.

anshu7

heres a checklist
foundation/tinted moisturiser
concealer
setting powder
blush
lipsticks
lipbalms
eyeshadows/pigments
mascara
eyelash curler
makeup remover