wow, i'm so NOT picky, i wish i were...heehee
it was difficult to think of a list of things
but i do stay away from:
creamed corn
raw spinach (only like creamed spinach)
honeydew
cantaloupe
beets
ripe mushy bananas (i like them slightly green)
livers/gizzards/hearts/grizzle (anything really chewy too)
canned pasta (spaghetti o's)

Zantedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquilla_loca
ripe mushy bananas (i like them slightly green)

I like mine slightly green too! I can't eat them any other way.

chiquilla_loca

^^^
yes.gif

and i just realized that i like creamed spinach but not cream corn. ha!

Hilly

Meat (except fish)

and PEPPERSSSSSSS!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!! Bell, red, yellow, green, orange, spicy...whatever. YUCK

Gag me with a spoon!

LeeleeBell

First and foremost: Pickles. They're green, slimy, stink worse than anything, they're sour and they have warts. Ew. ::shudder:::
nonono.gif

I also dislike (though not as much as pickles lol):

Tongue. People eat cow tongue as meat...I had to at a friend's house once (invited to dinner) and I nearly gagged.

Anything sweetened with Nutri Sweet or Equal (diet sodas too)
Basically all melons *yes, including watermelon
Bananas
Olives
Pears
Beets
Cabbage, especially warm cabbage
Eggplant
Cauliflower
Carrots
Saffron rice/anything spiced with Saffron
Refried/baked beans
Tapioca
Marzipan
Processed cheese
Coleslaw

Tomatoes -cold (any variety): except I liked Sundried tomato a LOT, and I like tomato sauce for pasta/spaghetti/pizza

Cucumbers (except the sweet and small ones that you can buy at a local persian grocery store..I can deal with those lol)

user79

I'll eat pretty much anything - except risotto. Just can't stand that stuff. The stickey, pukey looking rice - bleh. Oh and frog legs - just cruel.

Other than that I am very experimental with food. I have eaten rabbit, horse, seafood of any kind, raw oysters and fish, octopus, escargot, liver - you name it. It just has to be prepared well to be delicious.

What I can't stand is supremely picky eaters, lol. I honestly feel so many kids these days are picky/unhealthy eaters because they have such a limited range of processed food in their diet and were never encouraged to try other things.

LeeleeBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
I hate anything with artificial sweeteners in it. It states like chemicals and leaves a coating in my mouth. Disgusting. However, I am not a picky eater in general. I love food.

Nothing worse than artificially sweetened foods. BTW I love food too, and I will eat/try anything at least once. Even though I generally dislike eggplant for example, I have Russian friends who prepare/cook it a certain way that I do like/will eat. I am pretty open minded to trying things at least once.

But now that I have had Tongue...never again LOL

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
What I can't stand is supremely picky eaters, lol. I honestly feel so many kids these days are picky/unhealthy eaters because they have such a limited range of processed food in their diet and were never encouraged to try other things.

I think it's, mainly, due to people's education.
I was raised in a home where we had only processed stuff, or very basic meals like spaghetti, kraft diner, pork chops with a Campbell soup on the soup as a sauce... stuff like that. I wasnt interessed AT ALL in vegetables, we didnt eat any actually. We didnt have fruit either, except for bananas sometimes, or raspberries from my grandma's garden in summer... Yes, that was sad like that. And yes, I am overweight... thank you mom
lol.gif

My mother's family are picky eaters. They are scared to change or try new things. My sister grew up being very picky. No cheese, no eggs, no this no that. She doesnt cook, neither my mother does really... Oh yeah, they can cook pastas, but dont ask them to make a sauce that comes with, they will be like that :
shockt.gif

Luckily, I always loved to try new things, my grandmother (father's side) was a cook all her life and she showed me many things. My father was the one who cooked at home. So, when I left home to be on my own, it was like a relief for me. I re-discovered sooooo many things, starting with vegetables, cooking new dishes each week... simples things yes, but that we didnt do at home.

I tried to incorporate a bit of it in my family (during christmas per example), but it has to be things they know, or they wont even taste it! You should have seen their face the first time I served a couscous...
nope.gif

LeeleeBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
What about baba ganoush? It's an awesome eggplant dip.

I do like baba ganoush...as long as the eggplant flavor isn't incredibly strong.

Quote:
OT, I hate it when I go to a dinner party and someone is picking at their food and not eating it. It is so rude to the hosts.
angry.gif

I so agree and I don't do that.

ShesNoGhost

I'll eat anything. I'm not picky at all. I love trying new things and always make sure to try certain things a few times before I give up on it because it may have just been the way it was cooked.

I have two cousins who are super picky eaters and my aunt is an amazing cook. It's crazy. I swear one time my cousin actually brought a frozen dinner over when we were having a dinner at my uncle's house. He just wouldn't try what we were having. I should mention that he was, I think, 20 at the time. I thought it was kind of tacky.

I wasn't too fond of marmite when I tried it. I just glopped it on a cracker and was not a big fan of the taste. But I'm willing to try it again because I've heard people say it tastes better on toast with butter.

DILLIGAF

Octopus/Squid (the texture is horrid )
Creamed Corn
Lima Beans
Cottage Cheese
Okra (even if you fry it)
Game (deer moose etc)
Tripe
Tongue
Olives
I like Bananas as a fruit but I cannot stand Bananas in things ( ie Banana-Orange juice)
Same deal with Strawberries
No Shellfish of any kind (they are lethal to me)
No Pork (religious reasons)
I will eat melon if I have to but I will not purchase it on my own
Cheeses that come out of pumps

There's more....there's much more. I just can't think of all of it right now. Now that I'm looking at a short list of things I wont eat. Im confronted with the fact that I should weigh less... Lot less!!!!
th_LMAO.gif

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
okra
peas
shrimp ( i get lots of "omgs" when I say that)
fried chicken ( yes fried chicken lol)
curry chicken
callalo aka turnip greens

Girl they are going to take your islander card from you
th_LMAO.gif

Don't feel bad about the shrimp. I'm allergic to it and ppl still ask me why I wont eat it. Umm because I could kill me?