What happens to your body if you drink a Coke right now?

MACLovin

Oh, just lovely! Glad I don't drink Coke a lot. Diet sodas every once in a while, but for the most part I'm a water and tea kinda girl.

I slip sometimes and have a Sprite though, because they are delicious. I guess it's doing the same thing to my body as the coke, but in moderation hopefully it's not THAT bad.

But yikes! pretty nasty what it's doing to your insides.

MACLovin

I've actually read that typically citrus-flavored sodas (like sprite, 7-up, fanta, etc) which have Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) as well as the preservative sodium benzoate can react and form benzene, which is a carcinogen.
ssad.gif
Of course there's a big argument as to how many ppb (parts per billion) would actually make the product dangerous, and so on, but you know how these scientific debates go back and forth..
th_dunno.gif

Makes you wonder.. wtf these chemicals are doing to your body in the long run. Yikes

Penn

*sigh* It's horrible that I still love my coke...but I'm starting to ween off it haha

NutMeg

Hey pop (I know most of you call it soda, but I'm Canadian so tough) is addictive shit. It's no wonder so many people drink multiple pops everyday, but it makes me glad my Mum never bought it regularly when I was a kid. We only ever had it in the house for parties or special guests. I've never thought of it as anything but an occasional treat.

TISH1124

main reason i gave up coke November of last year!!! The ups and downs of it all was crazy and I was drinking caffeine Free coke...addictive nonetheless...and it was a hard addition to call it quits on too

BloodyWellRight

I love me a nice, ice cold coca cola, but I could absolutely live without it. I only drink it about, once a month in even. Like a lot of other bad foods/drinks, it's fine in moderation.

coachkitten

Well thank God I drink Diet Coke!
lol.gif

I am trying really hard to stop drinking pop but it is really hard for me to stop. I love my diet coke.

-moonflower-

^ Diet is just as bad, if not worse!

I'm glad I never really liked fizzy drinks. I only really have them if I go out for a meal somewhere that doesn't sell nice juice.