What is the best foundation?

Kiss and Makeup

I am absolutely in love with NARS foundation. MAC foundations for me were too cakey/greasy for me, and they broke me out. NARS was the only foundation I found that wasn't too yellow or too dark for me. It's light to medium coverage, so I don't look like I rolled it on with a brush
winks.gif
MUFE is supposed to be excellent, but they didn't have the right color for me.

It's all personal preference, though, and what works with your skin. Are you prone to breakouts? Is your skin oily? Are you super pale? What are the color undertones to your skin? Finding what worked best for me was a trial, let me tell you. The great thing is places like MAC and Sephora give samples! I took a couple home with me and got to use them over a few days.

RoseyPosey

I LOVE MAC's Studio fix fluid and Studio fix powder.

I loove loove the SFF because it makes my skin look flawlessssss. Then i buff on a tiny bit of SFP to set it and my skin looks great and lasts so long (especillay with a primer)

SFF is definitely a full coverage foundation, but i ALWAYS get compliments on my skin from sales associates and MUA when i stop to look at makeup in the mall.

ETA: my skin is like normal/combo/a little oily. aroun my nose and a LITTLE on my forehead gets a tiny bit "shiny" but my cheeks are normal/dry.
I also had some blemishes on my chin an d jawline and scars all over my chin and no one even knows it! i love this stuff and im SO glad i found it!

MacPinkFlamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
MUFE HD, I have officially crossed over!

iagree.gif
Could not agree more! I have tried SO many foundations and have spent a small fortune. I have very fair skin (I mean like I could probably use WhiteOut during the winter!) I have tried Cover Girl, Revlon, Loreal, Clinique, Bare Escentuals, Perscriptives, and of course MAC (Studio Fix Fluid, Mineralize Satin Finish, Studio Tech, Full Coverage, Select SPF 15). Make Up For Ever's HD in 110 and HD transluscent powder is THE BEST! I am totally in love and no longer feel the need to search for a product that performs the way I think a good foundation should. MUFE HD is so good I even let it live in my MAC traincase, and that is saying something! HTH! (Check your nearest Sephora for a color match and a free sample of MUFE HD...awesome way to test drive the foundation. But BEWARE you are going to love it!) Oh and while we are on the topic, I'd like to add that MUFE HD is $40 a bottle and that is a pretty penny. However, if you look at my laundry list above of failed foundations, you will see that I wasted hundreds of dollars on products I abandoned (i.e. I used them 4-5 times but paid for an FS bottle which I B2M or threw away. In some case that turns out to be $10 or more per application!
shockt.gif
). Not having to search for an amazing foundation, makes $40 (plus $30 for the HD powder) such a bargain. I use it everyday and I still get amazed at the quality and the results.

RoseyPosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPinkFlamingo
iagree.gif
Could not agree more! I have tried SO many foundations and have spent a small fortune. I have very fair skin (I mean like I could probably use WhiteOut during the winter!) I have tried Cover Girl, Revlon, Loreal, Clinique, Bare Escentuals, Perscriptives, and of course MAC (Studio Fix Fluid, Mineralize Satin Finish, Studio Tech, Full Coverage, Select SPF 15). Make Up For Ever's HD in 110 and HD transluscent powder is THE BEST! I am totally in love and no longer feel the need to search for a product that performs the way I think a good foundation should. MUFE HD is so good I even let it live in my MAC traincase, and that is saying something! HTH! (Check your nearest Sephora for a color match and a free sample of MUFE HD...awesome way to test drive the foundation. But BEWARE you are going to love it!) Oh and while we are on the topic, I'd like to add that MUFE HD is $40 a bottle and that is a pretty penny. However, if you look at my laundry list above of failed foundations, you will see that I wasted hundreds of dollars on products I abandoned (i.e. I used them 4-5 times but paid for an FS bottle which I B2M or threw away. In some case that turns out to be $10 or more per application!
shockt.gif
). Not having to search for an amazing foundation, makes $40 (plus $30 for the HD powder) such a bargain. I use it everyday and I still get amazed at the quality and the results.

i so wanted to check this out but before i moved, i lived in FL with a local spehora in my JCPenny's and they didnt carry ANY MUFE! i was so mad!
i was just at the mall and passed a full size sephora, and totally forgot to stop in! GRR!

Another trip to the mall is in my very near future!

Hemons

I would love to try MUFE HD. Unfortunately, I don't have a Sephora in my state? How sad is that? I e-mailed Sephora.com and they said the couldn't send me a sample. Guess I'll just have to wait until I take a trip out of state to check it out. Sadly, I'm not going out of state anytime soon .

MacPinkFlamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseyPosey
i so wanted to check this out but before i moved, i lived in FL with a local spehora in my JCPenny's and they didnt carry ANY MUFE! i was so mad!
i was just at the mall and passed a full size sephora, and totally forgot to stop in! GRR!

Another trip to the mall is in my very near future!

Run, don't walk, back to that mall! Seriously, I think HD has magical properties that are not of this earth! So worth your return trip!
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemons
I would love to try MUFE HD. Unfortunately, I don't have a Sephora in my state? How sad is that? I e-mailed Sephora.com and they said the couldn't send me a sample. Guess I'll just have to wait until I take a trip out of state to check it out. Sadly, I'm not going out of state anytime soon .

Awww, that is a shame! I thought someone said in one of these threads that Sephora did send them a sample...hmmmm. I am so sorry! When you do get your hands on some HD, you will love it!
smiles.gif

ivette_cg

For me the best ones are mac's studio fix fluid and revlon's colorstay, because they keep my T zone oil free and they last a long time. They both have a great selection of colors, although sff matches my skin PERFECTLY. If you like more of a sheen to your skin, and you don't have oily skin I can recommend you mac's mineralize satin finish, it has a buildable light to medium coverage, and looks very natural, great for clubbing because it also lasts a long time and looks awesome in pictures.., hope this helps

revinn

MUFE HD is the ONLY foundation that comes in my color, can offer light to full coverage, and doesn't oxidize on me after an hour. It's absolutely amazing, worth every cent.

COBI

I just bought MUFE HD (and the setting powder) on Saturday, but I already LOVE it! Previous favorites were MAC: studio tech, Face & Body, Studio Fix, and the tinted moisturizer (for lighter days)... all of them have been tossed back into the "foundation storage" case.

It is likely I'll be B2M-ing them because they'll get funky (oxidized, etc.) before I use them again.

Definitely check out MUFE HD! Based on my experience of the past few days, I want to check out their concealers now.