What Is This?

kateisgreat

And when was it released? Just curious because I don't think I have seen anything like it before.. I know it says lustreglass on the tube but I haven't seen packaging like that before and the seller's feedback is private so I was just wondering.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-PRO-MOIST-LI...cmdZ ViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-Eye-Shadows-...cmd ZViewItem
anyone know what these colors would be?

one last one

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-VOLUME-WATER...cmd ZViewItem
Does mac mascara come packaged in a tube like that? Just curious because I have yet to buy mac mascara
I was thinking this is fake stuff but I'm not 100% on that and just wanted to make sure.
tia!

vicuna1

The eyeshadows look like they are from the Lustrevision collection. I think that it was released in August? Check out the "Color Stories" tab to know for sure.

caffn8me

Congratulations! All of these products are counterfeit. Here are the reasons;

• M·A·C Lipgloss does not come in a box with a window
  • M·A·C has never released a mascara that looks like that - and the typeface used on the packaging is all wrong
  • The eyeshadows are fake - the printing on the box is incorrect and the boxes aren't constructed like a real M·A·C eyeshadow box which has a double front except perhaps for the one in the top right hand corner. M·A·C shadows are never sold by number but by name. To see a fake box and a real box look at Ambi's post and my posts on this page. Also look at the letter [SIZE=+2]e[/SIZE] after the weight - it is different on the top right hand box to the others and all are different compared to the symbol on a real M·A·C eyeshadow box

kateisgreat

Thanks so much for confirming with what I thought.
I noticed the weird windows on the gloss box and the packaging for the mascara did seem wrong and the shadows just looked really...weird and chalky.
thx once again!!

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxychika1014
good job catching that caffn8me!

Thanks. There now seems to be a much larger problem with counterfeit M·A·C than there has ever been on eBay and I am currently working on several ideas to put a stop to it. When I have some more news on the subject that I can share I will do.

mspixieears

Unbelievable! Some poor suckers are actually bidding hardcore prices for those e/s thinking they're getting the real thing.

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Unbelievable! Some poor suckers are actually bidding hardcore prices for those e/s thinking they're getting the real thing.

That's why I want to help put a stop to it. Counterfeit cosmetics are often made in Thailand or China and the safety of the ingredients cannot be assured. The actual ingredients in the counterfeit products will usually bear little relation to the list of ingredients on the box which is copied from a genuine M·A·C product.

Juneplum

omg those are SOOOO fake it;s not funny! that pisses me off
angry.gif
caffn8me u go girl! we need more people like u... u r so well versed on this issue..
th_worship.gif
u go get 'em girl!

caffn8me

What I will probably do is PM the mods with my ideas rather than post them on open forum. It's only a matter of time before we get the counterfeiters joining this forum and seeing what goes on. I'd rather float a few ideas and get some feedback though before embarking on a one girl crusade!

user4

def. its such a shame that people actually waste their money on somethng that may actually harm them somehow.

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Thanks. There now seems to be a much larger problem with counterfeit M·A·C than there has ever been on eBay and I am currently working on several ideas to put a stop to it. When I have some more news on the subject that I can share I will do.

Can't we report people like this - I know Ebay does not except that counterfeits - ect... sheesh... how horrible.

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva_la_MAC_Girl
Can't we report people like this - I know Ebay does not except that counterfeits - ect... sheesh... how horrible.

On that note - notice that they don't put names on there - the color on the l/g as well as the eyeshadows we all know when you buy MAC there is ALWAYS a sticker on there telling you the color. ( Not saying that these people won't get wise ) but just a lil tid bit I thought I would tell you .

moonrevel

I also enjoy that the feedback for that person is private. For me, regardless of their percentages, that's always the first sign of sketchiness.

kateisgreat

thats one of the main things i noticed too so that along with the fake look of all of it made me veeerrry suspicious!

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
I also enjoy that the feedback for that person is private. For me, regardless of their percentages, that's always the first sign of sketchiness.

I totally agree! As soon as I see private feedback I just move on!

ledonatella

Yep, and anyone who doesn't tell you what the names are, just "5 blue...etc." or whatever is shady too. Also people who want more than retail for something I always pass over too. Or like, "Rare! Sold Out! Prrr lipglass for $20!" I just laugh. It's like how dumb do you think we are.

kateisgreat

totally agree with the private feedback thing.
and putting "rare" or discontinued with something that is still available almost everywhere.