What is your face routine in the morning/Tips n tricks? **For Dry Skin **

LeeleeBell

Just thought it would be a great idea to share tips/tricks and/or face routines ...might help people with similar skin issues. (Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else...looked and could not find)

I have dry, sensitive skin with some enlarged pores&acne scars/NC20ish

Prepping For Makeup:

I start by "washing my face", but in the morning that's just with water, no soap. Then I put on cerave pm moisturizer, then my primer which is either anti chaffing gel or Illamasqua Satin primer.

Foundation/Concealer/Powders

I use Illamasqua RF140 which I sheer down (on top of my hand) with moisturizer or illuminators (currently that's Revlon Spa in Barelight).

I apply the foundation with my fingers,and then blend it out further with a slightly damp beauty blender...to get the smooth finish I like.

On days when I look puffy or my under eye area looks dark, I use BB concealer...wait for it to dry a bit. then blend out.

Though my skin is dry, I still have to set it with powder or (any) foundation gets splotchy/patchy by mid day. My powder of choice is MSFN by MAC (it's the least cakey powder/smoothest looking one I have found until/unless my skin gets uber dry). I didn't like the results I was getting anymore when I applied it with either a kabuki or a powder puff (too powdery/caky looking & feeling). I tried using my SK skunk brush with MSFN too..that did better but it wasn't setting the foundation evenly enough all the time). As Gossmua said on youtube, using brushes to apply foundation or powder on dry or sensitive skin can create microexfoliation which makes dry skin more flaky/irritated.

So I tried this: after using the bb for smoothing foundation, I press the beauty blender into a clean towel to make sure any excess water is no longer inside/on it. The beauty blender is still cool to the touch, but not "wet"...I then press it into my msfn, and dab the beauty blender lightly around my face. The finish is the best I've had thus far (with dry skin)
I also use the beauty blender this way to apply my HG h/g, KA Celestial powder

Allura Beauty

For just regular dry skin (by that I mean skin that's not severely dry), I think regular moisturizing can do the job and Cerave makes excellent, non-irritating moisturizers.

But if you suffer with really dry skin, what I've found works the best is pure glycerin. I'd recommend putting on a regular moisturizer and then using several drops of glycerin as a second layer of moisturizer.

Almost all moisturizers have glycerin as an ingredient anyway, but using pure glycerin really kicks up the moisture a notch. You can find glycerin at your local drugstore/Target/Wal Mart.

For those times when you don't have super, super dry skin, I'd simply mix a couple drops of glycerin into your moisturizer. That should really help reduce the patchiness of your foundation if that's a problem you're having.

Hope that helps!

Sarah Afshar

I like to follow the everyday norm of the cleanse, tone, and moisturize regime, however; there are days where I like to exfoliate, steam, and treat.

CLEANSE
I use my clarisonic often, along with the clarisonic cleanser, however; if I have a breakout, I like to use Proactiv. I also like to change cleansers depending on the season. I have everything from Clinique to Bliss to Philosophy to Noxema, and more in the bathroom.

TONE
I like to use witch hazel, however; I have found that Proactiv's toner has been the most efficient, yet effective toning regime I have used. When I don't use Proactiv, it's usually witch hazel or Kate Somersville's Clarifying Treatment Toner.

MOISTURIZE
I love to use olive oil, however; most of the time I use Juice Beauty Oil Free moisturizer. I have everything from Clarins to Clinique to Oil of Olay, and more in the bathroom.

EXFOLIATE
My clarisonic works as a great exfoliator, however; I always feel like I want to use something different. I really love Philosophy's Mini Peel Pads or Korres Pomegranate Scrub.

STEAM
I use a conair face steamer. I find it to be the most effective for me, plus for as effective as it is, it's really affordable.

TREAT
I like to use a ton of masks. I don't do it as often as I should be, however; I find that they do help in an array of ways. Korres Yogurt Mask is one of my favorites.

DaphneWoods

I have extremely dry, fair skin (NW5). I have an extensive skincare regimen. I rotate a few products for best results. My skin has never been better. Exfoliate- Origin's Never a Dull Moment, Origin's Modern Friction, and St. Ive's Apricot Scrub. I do this 2-4x/week depending on skin's condition. Mask- Freeman Cucumber Peel Off mask, Queen Helene Mint Julep mask, C.O. Bigelow Acai and Goji Berry mask, and Merlot Peel Off mask. Recently I have been loving the peel off masks. It is very rewarding to see the dead skin and dirt. I use 1-2x/week. Cleanse- Origin's Clean Energy or Mega Bright 2x/day. I also love Boots No. 7 makeup cleansing wipes. Tone- Origin's Make a Difference+ or Mega Mushroom Treatment Lotion 7x/week. Serums- Origin's Mega Mushroom skin relief, Make a Difference+, and A Perfect World 2x/day. I love serums! A Perfect World is a staple for me! It protects my skin like an invisible guard. Oil- Tarte Maracuja oil 1x/day. Moisturizer- Make a Difference+ Ultra-Rich 1-2x/day. Eyes- Origin's No Puffery 1-2x/day and Origin's Eye Doctor 1-2x/day. Lips- Origin's Lip Balm and C.O Bigelow Lavender Rose Salve 2x/day. Mist- Josie Maran Rose Spray 1-2x/day. I highly recommend for a mid-day refresher or even make-up setting spray. Other- Clairisonic Deep Pore treatment 2x/week. I really enjoy my skincare regimen and rarely miss (if I do, you can tell because my skin is so dry!). I have had a lot of flaking and redness in the past, but now I have a light luminescent glow.

MelissaLo87

I'm relatively fair (about NC10-ish by MAC standards). My skin is very dry in the winter, normal/dry in the summer, acne-prone, and I have large pores on my nose.

MAKEUP REMOVAL:
Boscia's Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil, though I'll be looking into something else after I finish my current bottle.

CLEANSING:
No matter what time of year it is, I always treat my skin as if it's dry. I usually use organic raw honey as my AM cleanser and Nature's Gate Cleaning Milk at night (basically like Cetaphil but with healthier ingredients) after removing my makeup.

TONER:
I don't always use one. My cleansers are very gentle so I feel that my skin's pH doesn't really need it. But if I'm wearing heavy makeup that day or if I just want a refresher after cleansing, I use either Rosewater or George's Aloe Spray.

MOISTURIZER:
Olay Complete Daily Defense for Sensitive Skin SPF 30 in the AM. The only difference between my summer and winter PM moisturizers is that I use an oil alone in the warmer months (Argan, Maracuja, Almond, and Jojoba are a few of my faves), and I top it off with a heavier lotion/cream during the colder months.

EYE CREAM:
My eyes aren't a problem area for me so I'm not picky. I hoard samples of them and if I don't have any at the time, I'll pick up any random one that has good reviews.

EXFOLIATION:
The only physical exfoliation I use is my knock-off Konjac Sponge (a no-name brand from amazon). I don't use scrubs because they only end up breaking me out. I'm currently researching quality chemical exfoliants- I'd rather go down that route due to their multiple benefits. I'm thinking I might go for Juice Beauty's Green Apple Peel Sensitive.

MASKS:
DIY Bentonite Clay concotions. I only do that about once a month or so because it really draws the gunk out of your skin hardcore.

infinitize

I also have dry sensitive, acne prone skin, tiny bit lighter than NC20 but not fully NC15.

I wash my face in the morning. I know there are people who argue that its not necessary, but I don't want to take that chance and break out :( break outs take forever to get rid of and I don't have that kind of patience..
I mix a lemon coconut milk powder that I purchase from the all natural face with my origins checks and balances cleanser.

I then rinse with very cold water. sometimes ice drinking water.
I gently pat with clean towel, and use a galactomyces extract/ampoule so that my skincare products absorb better
(original is the SK-II first treatment essence but there are a lot of dupes that have "cleaner ingredients")

I then use a serum and a moisturizer. I don't use drugstore brands because I like something with some benefit in my skin care.
I usually go to whole foods and buy Andalou naturals 1000roses day cream
they're light weight, but still moisturizing especially because I have the serum under

Sunscreens are a must, but sometimes I omit it for a makeup base. but usually, I go for skin ceuticals physical fusion sunscreen (chemical protectors make me red) and use a primer. my favorite is Givenchy, GA fluid master mixed with fluid sheer, and hourglass mineral veil.

I apply foundation with a brush because I don't like washing beauty blenders... they take longer than washing brushes :( plus using foundation brush is faster..

I set my foundation with a setting powder too especially in the summer (usually setting spray in the winter) because it does make a difference and I don't like the stickiness from moisturizing foundations.
I use makeup forever HD powder right now (because nars and bare minerals were too drying) but I'm looking into Givenchy, Chanel, or Bobbi brown