What nailpolish could this be? *pic included*

user79

mystery-nails.jpg

Any idea what brand and shade this could be? Or something very similar? It looks like a deep ruby red to me with a hint of burgundy, with lots of gloss.

Well not sure, but OPI has a color very similiar to that...can't remember the name. Ulta has a sale on these types of colors and you can look on OPI's website. They also let you try on the colors by selecting a hand that matches your skin tone (online).

user79

Yeah I tried that but Internet pictures often don't look the same irl. It would be great if someone could guess the color and brand.

blazeno.8

Yeah, that looks like it could be so many brands, so if it's runway related I'd say try OPI. Other than that, I can get the same effect with Revlon products.

Dreamergirl3

I have Sinful Colors nail polish in 121 Merlot, and though 2 or more coats it looks very much like the color in your pics. Being so cheap, I'm sure it's not the same one, but it looks a lot like it IMO

also, maybe milani in blackberry baby or opi la boheme? a nice top coat over them would make them very glossy

mindlessgapgirl

right away it reminded my of OPI's "I'm not really a waitress"...but there are sooo many that look almost alike, best thing to do might be to bring the pic to a salon and check out the display

MiCHiE

OPI Bogota Blackberry (not sure if this is dc'd or not) or OPI SoHo Nice To Meet You.

liltweekstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
To me, it looks like OPI's "An Affair in Red Square."

iagree.gif

it's a really pretty color

versace

I have the color that looks SAME,its metallic,deep ruby,i love it
its from MAYBELLINE forever strong..really nice color and shiny

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
I have Sinful Colors nail polish in 121 Merlot, and though 2 or more coats it looks very much like the color in your pics. Being so cheap, I'm sure it's not the same one, but it looks a lot like it IMO

also, maybe milani in blackberry baby or opi la boheme? a nice top coat over them would make them very glossy

Milani's Blackberry Baby is a lot darker and more "wine-y."

purrtykitty

Look's like OPI's I'm Not Really A Waitress...but then again, there's about 15 of them that look about the same.

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
Milani's Blackberry Baby is a lot darker and more "wine-y."

In daylight, the color on me is very similar to that in the pics.

If anyone's interested in looking at nail polish swatches, here's a great gallery
http://nailgal.com/
you have to sign up, but it is so so worth it! so many swatches and colors to check out. hth!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

looks similar to OPI's " call my M-agent-A" which I am wearing right now.

edit : actually after looking at the photos some more, I think "call my m-agent-a" is more of a brighter Red with a lil burgundy.

Those photos look more of a purpleish.

SparklingWaves

I have a M.A.C. nail polish in a color called Rocker. I put on 3 coats of it and put it up to these pictures. It's looks very similar.

The swatch on the M.A.C. site doesn't look like the product in person. The product is a slightly frosty deep wine/red.

V15U4L_3RR0R

Reminds me of a Leighton Denny colour but I can't think what the name is. I'll go look it up.

Edit - I think it's one of the Chameleon ones in Two Faced but with the colour changing topcoat on top. That's what it looks most like to me.