What products have you backed up?

gracie90

I'm not sure if there is already a thread about this - if so then sorry!

I was sorting my backups today, and was wondering if anyone else buys multiples of their favourite products.
Do you think it's worth it? Do you only back up limited edition things?

Here's a quick pic of all of my backups, in a super stylish shoe box :p

I tend to only buy lots of items that I will use every day, so my backups are mostly my favourite neutrals and some LE brushes:
MAC Marquise d' l/s x2
Topshop Rumour Has It l/s x1
MAC Stereo Rose x1
MAC MatchMaster foundation 1.0 x1 (I didn't mean to back this up, but I had a lot of problems with an order from Debenhams and they sent me an extra!)
Benefit Bad Girl e/l x1
MAC 179 brush x2
MAC 128 brush x1 (I use this and the 179 every day - they are my HG face brushes!)
Chanel Beige Lame e/s x2
MAC Stereo Rose MSF x1

And that's it!

What do you have backups of (if anything)? I'd love to know :)

Mac-Guy

Oh my, if I type up all the BU's I have, I might still be typing on Christmas eve.
pompom.gif

But to make a long story short: I only buy products that I am 100% convinced off, but then I do buy multiples. If I'm in doubt, I usually leave a product behind, but if I'm in love, I BU between 2 and 10, depending on how quickly I go through a product.

PixieDancer

My BU List is pretty short, since new products come out so often that I fall in love with new things before I go thru BU's. It has to be SUPER special and unique!

Strange Potion l/g (2 BU's)
Hibiscus (1 BU)
Deliciously Forbidden Mattene (1 BU by accident - ordered it again without realizing it!)
Dressed to Dazzle Dazzleglass

Let's Skate PP
Nubile PP

Benefit Prrrowl Mascara/ Lipgloss Combo

Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Laque (2 BU's since I found out it's been discontinued)

Lightscapade (3 BU's)

226 Brush (1 BU)

sherm

My BU list is pretty tiny. I usually prefer to get a variety of products but I fell hard for G&I so I have backups a few of those and my staple products. I used to buy my Everyday Minerals foundation 6 pots at a time since they do a volume discount, but my foundation formula has been eliminated and replaced with an inferior one (boo) so no more of that.

Here's my baby list:
Morning Frost pp (1)
Let's Skate pp (1)
Snowglobe bp (1—would love to make this 2 if I can find another at a store/counter)
Benefit Boi-ing Light concealer (1)
UDPP original (2)
EDM Intensive Ivory foundation (1)

rockin

Candy Yum Yum
Athena's Kiss l/g
Apricot Pink pigment
Haute & Naughty Lash
Revenge Is Sweet l/g
Strange Potion l/g
Wicked Ways l/g
Atlantic Blue pro pan eyeshadow refill (accidental backup)

Richelle83

So far

Lightscapade(2)
Genuine Treasure(1)
Half-Wild(1)
Nitrolicious(2)
AOMPL(1)
Runaway Red(1)
Hocus Pocus(1)
Petticoat(1)
Smooth Merge(1)
How Beautiful(1)

Romina1

I never back up but that's what I have

MAC Clarity mes (I'll never hit pan on the first one, I really don't know why I did it)
MAC Hibiscus l/s
Dior Aurora summer powder
NARS Orgasm blush
NARS Laguna bronzer

(NARS is not available in my country)

coffee1

I very rarely do backups - I never hit pan on anything, and I figure I'll have plenty of notice if something gets discontinued.

That said, I recently bought a backup of an already-discontinued brush (Benefit's Get Bent liner brush - my all-time favorite brush). Mine is still going strong, but after almost losing it at a friend's house, I figured it was worth buying a second one before they get even harder to find.

geeko

none i don't do backups...coz from past experience, whenever i backed up something, i always ended up giving away the backup coz i can't even finish 1/3 of the original product:X So i don't buy back ups anymore

geeko

If u count brushes as backups, then yes i do have multiple of the same brushes... (I usually use only one of each and the rest i keep them new and un touched :X

and wait i have a back up of giorgo armani face fabric foundation, otherwise i have no back ups of cosmetics...

bennsgirl

Stereo Rose MSF
Lightscapade MSF
Overdyed blush
Violetta l/s
Viva Glam Cyndi l/s
Go for it l/s
All of my purple life l/g
Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Laque
Smoke and Diamonds e/s
Bubblegum l/s
Marine Life high light powder
Let's Skate paint pot
Ripe peach blush
Azalea Rose blush
Rare Exotic Mattene l/s
Thrills l/s
Gem of roses l/s
Eclectic edge l/g
Petticoat MSF
Sonia Kashuk Eye Definer in Taupe
Makeup Forever lipstick # 15 (LOOOOVE)
226 brush

LARAELYSE

Viva glam Gaga! & I only backed it up so i could have a mint condition one for my collection! (I do love the color though and my 1st one is half gone... come to think of it maybe i should get a 3rd?!?!?!)

iqaganda

Viva Glam Gaga L/S
MAC Something New L/S
MAC Pink Friday L/S
MAC Colour Me Coral L/S
MAC Morange L/S

MAC Marine Life Beauty Powder
MAC Blush Ombre in Azalea Blossom

That's so far I think that I've backed up...?

FarrahFace

Sleek blushes and LE iDivine palettes. 15-ish of my favorite red lipstick (they were cheapies to begin with then they were on clearance) and 2-3 BUs of other lipsticks. Thanks to eBay I also have about 20 bottles of my summer shade of L'Oreal HiP foundation and a couple hundred styli-styl pencils of various types and colors. So happy I have a fridge dedicated to storing my (non-powder) beauty BUs.

DILLIGAF

Feline eye khol (eventually gave that to my sister)
Brushes
Sassy Grass e/s

I like someone said everything I've ever backed up I ended up giving to my sister.
Except Flaunting It Kissible lipcolour

duckrodeo

I tend to only back up what I know I will get sufficient use out of and mostly, it's limited edition items that I am 100% sure I will be crushed when they're used up.
This is what I have still unopened and tucked away safely in a cool, dark drawer and/or refridgerator for preservation:

Naked Bliss mattene (1)
Let's Skate p/p (2)
Morning Frost p/p (2)
For Effect p/p (2)
Narcissus cremesheen glass (2)
Viva Glam Cyndi l/s (2)
Viva Glam Gaga l/s (1)
Whirls & Twirls (2)
Sweet Sunrise l/s (2)
Pink Pigeon l/s (1)
Flamingo l/s (3)
Lightscapade MSF (2)
Stunner blush (1)
Embrace Me Lip Pencil (1)

I have a Smashbox mascara, 2 Buxom Bare Escentuals Mascaras, 2 Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes and a mascara sampler set from Sephora, as well - I bought those when they were on sale (Sephora friends & family, Black Friday, After X-mas sale) and now I will be sufficiently set for Mascara for the next year or so lol.
I also have 2 of the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary pencil sets because I knew damn well I would go through them and the price they had for the set of 15 pencils was awesome.

lmcmullen

I don't do backups a lot, only when I really like something and know that I'll use it a ton, then be sad when I use it up.

My backup list as it stands now:

MAC Lightscapade
MAC Gem of Roses l/s
MAC Oh Oh Oh l/s x2
MAC Marquis D' l/s
MAC Glamora Castle e/s

And I have 1 each of the colored mascaras from Flightly since I liked the ones from Wonder Woman so much. They aren't exactly the same but count as backups to me.