What should my brother and I do?

iio

^oh god I would do that in a heart beat...but Im trying to look for a job right now. I can move in with my bf but I cant pay rent because all my money is towards my school. But I am looking forward to that when I do save up enough money to go find a place.

sundaram

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
a) If your mom is doing drugs and is under the influence in your presence, that is a big issue.

b) I think you should give your mom an ultimatum: either tell her she needs to talk to your dad, or you will. He is entitled to know what is going on, especially if he is out working to pay HER bills. That is not fair to him at all. And who knows if your dad is doing the same thing, but he's not parading his mistress around in the house, having loud sex and making his family/children uncomfortable.

c) I think you really need to seek a professional counselor to help you and your brother deal with this. This is obviously not easy and you seem very distressed/torn about what's going on. I am sorry you have to go through this and wish you the best
heart.gif

I agree with this ^.

I'm really sorry you have to go through this. Good luck
heart.gif

user79

I think you need to leave your living situation immediately. Do you have any relatives or a friend that you can stay with for a while? What about your dad? Honestly the situation seems so out of control, I think you should just let him know what is going on, hopefully he will care more about this children's well being than your mom. I can't believe your mother, she sounds like a horrible parent! I would also speak to a school counselor about this, it sounds like you are very unhappy and your mom isn't taking it seriously at all. You need to take some kind of action if you want anything to change, obviously your mom doesn't care. BTW how old are you?

crystalclear

Sorry, you havng such an unpleasant time with this.
Just a thought but if your grandmother (her mother) is around and you're close to her or perhaps an aunt, maybe speak to one of them and they'll talk to her and tell her it is out of order (especially if shes close to them- the impact of that would be quite severe)
A school guidance teacher might be good to talk to if you are at school and you trust him or her but if you are still legally considered a minor, your state might have child protection laws which would require that they inform social services or whoever deals with this sort of thing.
If it comes to it tell your dad and regardless of what he may or may not be doing from what you've said he's atleast tried to protect you from what he may or may not be doing and if your mother felt the need to have an affair she should have kept it away from her kids rather than drag them into it. If shes complaining about you being mean, then perhaps thats you need to be difficult though it is as it doesn't look likely that shell change her ways and I'd say bringing some random guy home who you have no idea of who he is, is exceptionally mean. She should have to remember she is the mother not you and if she is doing this to get back at your dad, then it is bizarre that shes making you suffer.
Hope this is resolved soon.