What stores to go to in NYC?!

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccolaMandorla
Are you going to do any of the tourist-y things (besides shopping)?

Hahahaha yeah ofcourse
smiles.gif
I wanna go see the statue of liberty, go to ground zero, stuff like that
greengrin.gif

User42

Quote:
The only thing I would say to stay away from is the Circle Line. It's incredibly boring and it will be unbearably cold!

hahahaha
greengrin.gif

PiccolaMandorla

I just got my tickets for Christmas and just read that Frederic Malle has opened a perfume boutique on Madison Ave.
drools.gif

Another store you should hit is Bond #9 also in Soho.

Get yourself a Metrocard for the subway and bus when you get there...if you take cabs, you will run out of $$$ fast!

User42

Quote:
I just got my tickets for Christmas and just read that Frederic Malle has opened a perfume boutique on Madison Ave.
drools.gif

Another store you should hit is Bond #9 also in Soho.

Get yourself a Metrocard for the subway and bus when you get there...if you take cabs, you will run out of $$$ fast!

Duh! cabs are soo expensive (and I need my money for shopping! x'D)

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
Definitely MAC Pro! There's also a Make Up For Ever store in Greenwich Village.

Toys R Us in Times Square is pretty fun, too. Sure, it's toys for kids, but there's a ferris wheel in there!!

I got to say, during my time in NYC, out of all the stores, the Toys R Us ferris wheel was one of my favorites!

Oh, and if you like Anna Sui clothing and cosmetics, it's located in NYC.

Serendipity 3 is a great place for extravagant desserts. Their frozen hot chocolate is their most popular item.

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
I got to say, during my time in NYC, out of all the stores, the Toys R Us ferris wheel was one of my favorites!

Oh, and if you like Anna Sui clothing and cosmetics, it's located in NYC.

Serendipity 3 is a great place for extravagant desserts. Their frozen hot chocolate is their most popular item.

Hahahahaha :p
well, I don't know what Anna Sui clothing or cosmetics are like soo... :p
and frozen hot choclate? Wooot? sounds nice though
greengrin.gif

jess126xo

omg ! so i went to the ricky's next to my college the other day, that store is too die for ! they have amazing things and awesome combos with great prices ! def. agree with everyone saying Rickys is the place to go. They even have Ben nye products i didnt even know that and only $7.99 for eyeshadows.

.Ice

Pretty much what everyone said. You must go to SoHo, they have shops galore! The MAC Pro on 7 W 22nd Street on the 2nd floor, then there's the regular MAC free standing store like a few feet away, Origins is close by too. Of course there is 5th ave where there is even more shops (Saks 5th lol). You can take the train when you're done (subway close by) to Macy's Herald Square (34th street), or if you like walking you can just walk there (although it's a good pull away lol)... Not makeup related but there's this place on the west village called "L'Arte del Gelato"... their Gelato is to die for!

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ice
Pretty much what everyone said. You must go to SoHo, they have shops galore! The MAC Pro on 7 W 22nd Street on the 2nd floor, then there's the regular MAC free standing store like a few feet away, Origins is close by too. Of course there is 5th ave where there is even more shops (Saks 5th lol). You can take the train when you're done (subway close by) to Macy's Herald Square (34th street), or if you like walking you can just walk there (although it's a good pull away lol)... Not makeup related but there's this place on the west village called "L'Arte del Gelato"... their Gelato is to die for!

Thanks! I'll write those streets down :p I really need to get a map when I'm there hahaha :p

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess126xo
omg ! so i went to the ricky's next to my college the other day, that store is too die for ! they have amazing things and awesome combos with great prices ! def. agree with everyone saying Rickys is the place to go. They even have Ben nye products i didnt even know that and only $7.99 for eyeshadows.

Really? Thats cheap! Especially compared to what eyeshadows cost here :p
The cheapest ones are about 4/5 dollars... and thats a crappy brand! xD

PiccolaMandorla

Trash and Vaudeville, another classic store from the old punker days on St. Mark's Place is also a good one, along with Antique Boutique which is right next to the Rickie's in NoHo. Patricia Field (Sex and the City costume designer) also has a store in The Bowery.

I fly on Friday...can't wait to go home and stuff my face with mom's Italian food and visit the new Frederic Malle store!

User42

Quote:
Sooooo? How was your trip? Where did you go? What did you see?

I'm going on the 22nd of february.
I was going to go during the christmas holidays but we couldn't for many reasons..
But now we already booked the flight and hotel so thats about 99% chance that were going hahaha :p

PiccolaMandorla

I went to the Frederic Malle store while I was there...the only one of it's kind outside of Paris. If you love perfumes like I do, you should stop there. They are very generous with samples too!

I am so in love with Une Fleur de Cassie!

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejt*
Oh and Tiffanys of course! The flagship store!

U must also check out FAO!

I am so going to Tiffanys, I saw a cute necklace online that I really wanna get
smiles.gif