what the hell?!

LMD84

So i was having a look on head2toebeauty.com's site because i was after some more china glaze polishes. i can't find them in the uk and on ebay the prices people charge for 1 bottle is crazy! however i noticed that today there was a red notice on the china glaze page saying it was restricted to us sales only.

turns out china glaze are stopping people buying the product and then selling it on outside of the us. why? i have no idea. all i know it sucks! and i'll have to look at getting cp's for china glaze now
ssad.gif

LMD84

cheers sweetie
smiles.gif
very sweet of you. i've just found out about a new china glaze collection coming out next month so shall wait to do an order then
smiles.gif

just sucks for people not in the us who want to try the brand! i wonder if 8ty8beauty is having the same issue.... nothing on the site as of yet.

Redz24

Its few and far between getting CG at sally's. They never have a full colour range, and as long as I've been going never had a collection in.

Luckily, I'm going to the states at the end of the year and hopefully do some hauling then.

LMD84

we do have a sallys in lincoln but there was barely any china glaze there. plus if i remember it was still about £5 a bottle which is differnt to the $3 a bottle on head2toe.
ssad.gif

just think it's stange that they'd do that, that's all!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykit
What the hell, exactly! I was thinking of ordering some from H2T again.

i know! it completely sucks!

Lovelynuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykit
What the hell, exactly! I was thinking of ordering some from H2T again.

Me too! This sucks butt.
angry.gif

LMD84

Unfortunately, per the manufacturer's (American International Industries) direction, we cannot ship any of the American International Industries products (Ardell, China Glaze, EzFlow, ibd, Gena, GiGi, ProLinc, Seche, and SuperNail) outside the United States. All United States companies selling China Glaze products and other AII products will eventually comply to this rule if they haven't done so. The manufacturer wants the consumers to buy the products locally in their countries.

^^^
this is the reply i got to my email from head2toe
ssad.gif

capmorlovesmac

ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
The manufacturer wants the consumers to buy the products locally in their countries.

angry.gif
Yeah right. But China Glaze and Seche are not available here.

I hope that not all stores will follow this request/guideline. I will continue buying China Glaze, OPI, ZOYA, Essie and Orly in the US because the european prices are ridiculous.... ~15 EUR for OPI and Essie? HELL NO!

malaviKat

I KNOW! I was just ranting about this on the Konad board...

China Glaze is my favourite brand of polish and while I can get it at Sallys (sometimes) Head2Toe has a much better selection.

If China Glaze (AII) is the actual reason that Head2Toe won't ship their product here then that's kind of an insult to (potential) consumers on their part. Surely no company would be that stupid. CG just doesn't have the market penetration it needs in Canada to make access to a wide selection of polishes possible. I'm sure you're encountering the same problem in the UK. That's really unfortunate. AII should smarten up if in fact the order came from them.

I emailed Head2Toe about this a few days ago but I'm still awaiting a response. So disappointed it almost makes me want to boycott AII.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
... I just emailed AII about it. We'll see what they have to say.

yes i'd be ineterested to hear what they reply with!

it really makes me feel like they don'tcare about international customers. the fact is i cannot name one nail salon in my local area that does china glaze. the sally's here only stocks a couple of the perm line - never any limited edition ones which is mainly what i buy!

Shadowy Lady

well, they've had that sign up since late July. What they did on top of that is increasing the shipping price (at least for Canada). It used to cost me $10 for getting 10 polishes shipped to me and now it's $16
angry.gif

We have Sally's here but they don't get a lot of the collections, I'm super annoyed but what can you do? It's a good thing ChG is not my top brand otherwise I woulda raised hell, lol!

Btw, fortunately the Trade Secret near me has now started to carry the new Zoya collections. We used to have only old and limited selection of Zoya's before.

Willa

They want us to buy from our country, but can you tell me where I can find ChG in Canada, Montréal please? Come on... and even if one store is selling it, they wont have old collections!!! That's sucky.

¬¬

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
They want us to buy from our country, but can you tell me where I can find ChG in Canada, Montréal please? Come on... and even if one store is selling it, they wont have old collections!!! That's sucky.

¬¬

No kidding. Sallys has a paltry selection at best and for avid collectors, they're not a good source for older classics.

H2T did reply to me and I got the same response as whoever commented above. They went on to say that if I had friends or family in the US that they could ship there but a) I don't have friends or family in the US and b) who wants to pay 2x the price for shipping nail polish?! It's not exactly light.

Hopefully AII responds. If it turns out to be true that's quite an insult to their international customers. None of the salons around here carry it either.

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
well, they've had that sign up since late July. What they did on top of that is increasing the shipping price (at least for Canada). It used to cost me $10 for getting 10 polishes shipped to me and now it's $16
angry.gif

Am I misunderstanding you? Did you order ChG from them anyway after the notice went up in July?