What to do with Hello Kitty empties?

X4biddenxLustX

Well I should of put LE empties instead of just hk empties in the title.

But I've been wondering what I could do with the special packaging LE item's containers once I'm done with them? Now I don't want to B2M them since they look soo cute but I don't want them just lying around serving me no purpose and taking up space.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Septemba

I wonder if there's a way to melt lippies back into the container? Then you could keep using them for lipstick.

If we could find tubing that matches the inside of MAC tubes you could set it in that and the heat the tip/stick it back in? There's gotta be a way!

Thinking out loud
greengrin.gif

EDIT: or just snap off another MAC lippie and slide it right in. (wow, der @ myself...)

Skin*Deep

I know....I often buy l/e stuff because thepackaging is different/fun (I'm a marketer's dream, I also buy stuff if I have a coupon even if I don't need/use it) I hate hate hate useless clutter lying around, but never want to part with my special pots or tubes. I especially feel that way about the monogram collection - I have a couple mineralize pots that I put beads etc in - I scrapbook - alot. and its nice to have them in something that I can see right into...hmmm so far thats the only use I've ever had for a mac empty....

Skin*Deep

doh! I also have my son't baby teeth in one. haha. he's only lost three so far so its working....dunno if a whole mouth of teeth will fit in there but we will see!!!

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septemba
I wonder if there's a way to melt lippies back into the container? Then you could keep using them for lipstick.

If we could find tubing that matches the inside of MAC tubes you could set it in that and the heat the tip/stick it back in? There's gotta be a way!

Thinking out loud
greengrin.gif

EDIT: or just snap off another MAC lippie and slide it right in. (wow, der @ myself...)

I've actually thought about melting l/s too and putting them back into the tube!

But I honestly have no clue either how to do it without like all the manufacturing machinery and whatnot the company uses to make them lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin*Deep
I know....I often buy l/e stuff because thepackaging is different/fun (I'm a marketer's dream, I also buy stuff if I have a coupon even if I don't need/use it) I hate hate hate useless clutter lying around, but never want to part with my special pots or tubes. I especially feel that way about the monogram collection - I have a couple mineralize pots that I put beads etc in - I scrapbook - alot. and its nice to have them in something that I can see right into...hmmm so far thats the only use I've ever had for a mac empty....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin*Deep
doh! I also have my son't baby teeth in one. haha. he's only lost three so far so its working....dunno if a whole mouth of teeth will fit in there but we will see!!!

I'm a sucker for packaging too! I love bright colored things and stuff that just looks pretty and cute in general. My collection isn't that big but it's already taking up way too much room in my storage containers. I have such a problem with clutter that I've been trying to work on. I just can't part with my LE empties though, sooo pretty
ssad.gif
. Sometimes I can't even get rid of the actual box containers for perm items either. I'm a hoarder lol!

Are the mineralize pots you use for the MES or MSFs? I wish I could scrapbook, it looks so fun and relaxing but I don't have nearly enough pictures to fill anything up lol.

Omg, I thought I was the only one with the teeth! I remember whenever I had a tooth fall out especially one of my molars sp? I'd like to keep it somewhere and occasionally look at it. It was a reminder that I was getting older and that my big girl teeth were gonna grow in soon lol.

Kiwiberries

Asphyxia just posted some good ideas in the HK color collection thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyxia
I was thinking once I'm done with my HK lip glasses I'm going to keep the applicator (wash/sanitize it of course) and switch it out with another applicator on another lipglass. Then just back to mac the boring applicator and empty lipglass that way I can keep the cute HK wand.

Is that going a little too far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyxia
Has any one ever used their mac containers/empties for a pill box or mint box? I might do that with my HK blushes when they're done.

Septemba

I love the idea about switching the gloss caps, and Skin*Deep that is so cute!!

I wish more MAC collex came with funky packaging.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiberries
Asphyxia just posted some good ideas in the HK color collection thread:

Thank you! I was going to go through ALL the hk color collection thread or discussions but it would of taken me a year to go through all of that lol!

I'm def gonna do the gloss applicator swapping when I get myself more full sized l/g. This may sound dumb but is there a certain way I should clean it? I'm germaphobe and I freak out over the thought contamination lol.

I need to start taking my vitamins and minerals more so the pill box suggestion is great! Esp with the LE blush containers since there pretty big.

xxManBeaterxx

^^ The sponge tip on the applicator is very soft so my advice is dont scrub it too hard because it can be damaged easily... I once got something on the applicator and i used my nail to dig it out and the sponge ripped in half O_O!!!! I would swoosh it in warm water and baby soap! Soaking it in alcohol for a little while will kill the germs too

fintia

oh yeah!! I'm gonna do the same thing with my HK lippgloss wand! and I was thinking with my HK beauty powder once it's all gone I could buy a blotting powder depoted and put it in the HK container??? I think it's possible right???

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
^^ The sponge tip on the applicator is very soft so my advice is dont scrub it too hard because it can be damaged easily... I once got something on the applicator and i used my nail to dig it out and the sponge ripped in half O_O!!!! I would swoosh it in warm water and baby soap! Soaking it in alcohol for a little while will kill the germs too

Alcohol and Clorox Anywhere Spray are my absolute best friends
th_LMAO.gif
! Of course for obvious reasons I won't be using any clorox or bleach on the applicator lol. We'll just stick to alcohol lol.

So it'll be just like washing your brushes? Washing gently in warm water with baby shampoo?

I actually barely ever use the applicator to put l/g on. I have a separate brush for all of that hehe. This is in case any of my friends or whoever want to share a l/g of mines. Plus it helps keep the actual product germ free as possible
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by fintia
oh yeah!! I'm gonna do the same thing with my HK lippgloss wand! and I was thinking with my HK beauty powder once it's all gone I could buy a blotting powder depoted and put it in the HK container??? I think it's possible right???

Ahh, I am still lemming over the HK BP! Just because of how cute the compact looks though. I'd probably never even touch the actual product lol. But yes, I am positive that you can put a blot powder in the BP compact. You won't want to depot it like you usually would with an e/s pot though because you can really damage the compact if you do it that way. Theres a specific method to depot BP compacts. I seen a tuturial on here and I'm pretty sure there are tons on youtube. Just give it a search and it'll tell you how to do it properly!

xxManBeaterxx

^^
yeah i would wash it the same way i wash my brushes. If i somehow could chop off the sponge wand and glue on the lusterglass brush wand i totally would. I hate the sponge applicator!!!

I think if i could keep the HK lipstick casing and melt a lipstick onto the empty container that would be sweeettt it could be a collectable i could pass onto my daughters xD

couturesista

If u depot ur shadows, u would depot ur compact the same way except you don't remove the black casing that the pan is in and u pop it into the LE compact. This is what I did for my Heatherette Compact, I have my blot powder inside of it. Fafinettex3 has a video on her method for depotting on Youtube.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
^^
yeah i would wash it the same way i wash my brushes. If i somehow could chop off the sponge wand and glue on the lusterglass brush wand i totally would. I hate the sponge applicator!!!

I think if i could keep the HK lipstick casing and melt a lipstick onto the empty container that would be sweeettt it could be a collectable i could pass onto my daughters xD

Cleaning sounds easy enough lol! And yes the brush wands are sooo much better! I find that whenever I used l/g with that type of brush over the sponge applicators I get a better more even coverage instead of just a big blob of gloss on my lips.

Aww, that would be sweet! I wish my mom could give me some HK MAC items!

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
If u depot ur shadows, u would depot ur compact the same way except you don't remove the black casing that the pan is in and u pop it into the LE compact. This is what I did for my Heatherette Compact, I have my blot powder inside of it. Fafinettex3 has a video on her method for depotting on Youtube.

Thank you for explaining that! I suck at explaining things and was pretty sure someone must have a tutorial of how to do it properly on youtube or here.

Septemba

I didn't even think about the TLCs!

I melted my smashed up VGV into a gloss pot last night, nice way to spend Valentine's Day right?
choochoo.gif

It was fun though, now I have urges to melt more.

sneaky.gif

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
You could melt a lipstick into the TLC container if you're into using a brush for your lipsticks
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septemba
I didn't even think about the TLCs!

I melted my smashed up VGV into a gloss pot last night, nice way to spend Valentine's Day right?
choochoo.gif

It was fun though, now I have urges to melt more.

sneaky.gif

Too bad I didn't get any of the TLC's! They would be the most easiest things to reuse since its just like a jar/tub/type of a thing lol.

Damn it for being unemployed! Grrr. I swear I wanted it all lol.