What to do with Hello Kitty empties?

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Hmm for lipsticks, you can melt them and buy that mold thing.
it's kinda like this but only 1 mold instead of a whole row of them..can't find it right now..
YouTube - Using a Professional Lipstick Mold

Thank you!

I thought you needed like a machine machine and all that fancy stuff in order to make lipstick. Hopefully I can buy a mold for cheap, the whole process sounded and looked pretty easy.

I am worried though about if the newly molded l/s will stay in place in the tube? Since I'm not using a brand new empty tube but instead a used one?

Asphyxia

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX

I'm def gonna do the gloss applicator swapping when I get myself more full sized l/g. This may sound dumb but is there a certain way I should clean it? I'm germaphobe and I freak out over the thought contamination lol.

Get a mac makeup wipe or a small damp (clean) face cloth. The key here is to protect the wand as much as possible. I personally try not to use the applicator wand on my lips too much. I get really dry lips, so skin particles in my lip glass is not very pretty. I just get a good amount on the wand and spin the gloss off on the back of my hand (sanitized hand). From there I use a lip brush to apply it. However, if I'm in a rush (at work or school) I will use the applicator but I also try to wipe it off using the same spinning motion to avoid lip skin going back into the tube. I'm a little obsessive compulsive with that because it is just gross. I'm even considering buying those disposable applicator wands.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyxia
Get a mac makeup wipe or a small damp (clean) face cloth. The key here is to protect the wand as much as possible. I personally try not to use the applicator wand on my lips too much. I get really dry lips, so skin particles in my lip glass is not very pretty. I just get a good amount on the wand and spin the gloss off on the back of my hand (sanitized hand). From there I use a lip brush to apply it. However, if I'm in a rush (at work or school) I will use the applicator but I also try to wipe it off using the same spinning motion to avoid lip skin going back into the tube. I'm a little obsessive compulsive with that because it is just gross. I'm even considering buying those disposable applicator wands.

Totally agree. I use to be whatever about things especially l/g and even share it with all my friends UNTIL I learned how gross that truly can be because of all the bacteria and funky stuff. I don't mind sharing as long as it's being done safely.

Skin*Deep

aggghh I'm still waiting for my order! I haven't seen ANY of this stuff in person yet! stupid small town!! I like the idea of switching the wands of the lip glass....are we talking switching lids and all or is there some way to pop the applicator out of the lid? like...would it pop out of the plastic part and another one pop in? *eyeballing c-thru on my desk and contemplating a test run*

MAC_Whore

For the es palettes:

1. You could press pigments into them. Create your own colours by mixing pigments.

2. You can use them for lipsticks. Just remove the lipstick bullet from the tube, microwave it in a small container, then scoop it into the palette. Have lots of q-tips and papertowels on standby for quick cleaning. I use this method to combine the last little bits of multiple lipsticks to make one new colour. I made two colours that I swear MAC needs to manufacture! lol

xxManBeaterxx

Does anyone know if you can depot the eyeshadows from the hk pallettes? That way you can pop pro pan eyeshadows inside.. I dont like melting lipticks or pressing pigments
ssad.gif

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin*Deep
aggghh I'm still waiting for my order! I haven't seen ANY of this stuff in person yet! stupid small town!! I like the idea of switching the wands of the lip glass....are we talking switching lids and all or is there some way to pop the applicator out of the lid? like...would it pop out of the plastic part and another one pop in? *eyeballing c-thru on my desk and contemplating a test run*

We were talking about switching the whole lid along with the lip glass applicator it comes with. That way you can keep hk with you long after you've finished the hk l/g
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
For the es palettes:

1. You could press pigments into them. Create your own colours by mixing pigments.

2. You can use them for lipsticks. Just remove the lipstick bullet from the tube, microwave it in a small container, then scoop it into the palette. Have lots of q-tips and papertowels on standby for quick cleaning. I use this method to combine the last little bits of multiple lipsticks to make one new colour. I made two colours that I swear MAC needs to manufacture! lol

I had thought about pressing pigments when I started to buy then into my Heatherette e/s palette after I'm done using all the e/s in it. But thats probably gonna take me like 10 years to accomplish lol.

Sounds soo fun and MESSY custom making my own l/s lol!

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
Does anyone know if you can depot the eyeshadows from the hk pallettes? That way you can pop pro pan eyeshadows inside.. I dont like melting lipticks or pressing pigments
ssad.gif

I haven't gotten too good of a look of the hk e/s palettes cause I really needed to restrain myself and not spend anymore cash on this collection (pshh, yeah right. I just went back the other day for another l/g and I'm going back tomorrow to pick up a BP compact I had them put on hold for me. I currently don't even have money for that right now I guess I'll just put it on my credit card and borrow some money. I'm horrible.
nonono.gif
thmbdn.gif
lol).

But I do know because I had seen yet another video on youtube on how to depot the Heatherette e/s palette e/s'. I'm guessing if the palettes are similiar you probably could.

L1LMAMAJ

that video about the tbk trading lipstick mold maker thing is so cool! now i wanna go thru all my stuff and see what i can do with my lipsticks.

cupcake123

For the beauty powders, you can remove the insert thing and switch it with blot powder. For the beauty powder blush, you can remove the insert and insert another beauty powder blush.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrao
u can always depot the shadows and use the case to hold bobby pins

Another good idea, thanks! I'm always losing bobby pins, and need to re-buy them constantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake123
For the beauty powders, you can remove the insert thing and switch it with blot powder. For the beauty powder blush, you can remove the insert and insert another beauty powder blush.

I'm going to just do that when I get some blot powder pressed with my HK BP compact!

Babylard

for the HK tinted lip conditioners, you can keep the lid and put it on a new lip conditioner..

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
If u depot ur shadows, u would depot ur compact the same way except you don't remove the black casing that the pan is in and u pop it into the LE compact. This is what I did for my Heatherette Compact, I have my blot powder inside of it. Fafinettex3 has a video on her method for depotting on Youtube.

thanks for that i was thinking of doing this, just wasn't sure if i could or not for some reason.

eidetica

Putting refill lipstick into fancy cases used to be the norm. The whole mechanical gizmo with lipstick came out of a case, usually to put a refill in a plastic case into a fancy metal status case.
MAC went to a lot of effort to get a zillion women worked into a huge lather over this LE and now we can't refill the cute cases? Maybe I should have parked my dinosaur by now but that irritates me. Every other case is easy to switch out or refill but lipstick cases are in a special class. Those are what you pull out and use and show the world what a MAC Warrior you are to have gotten one
cutey.gif

Emailing over this is order. The cases for this line are standout, the cutest I've seen. I don't want to retire my Bad Kitty lippie just because I used it. And the other cases are made for reuse, look at the quality!

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
for the HK tinted lip conditioners, you can keep the lid and put it on a new lip conditioner..

I just bought one too yesterday! I had also thought about making my own lip balm after the lip conditioner was all gone (but it'll probably take ages to finish up) and fill it up in there but I'm lazy. I'll just switch the lids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidetica
Putting refill lipstick into fancy cases used to be the norm. The whole mechanical gizmo with lipstick came out of a case, usually to put a refill in a plastic case into a fancy metal status case.
MAC went to a lot of effort to get a zillion women worked into a huge lather over this LE and now we can't refill the cute cases? Maybe I should have parked my dinosaur by now but that irritates me. Every other case is easy to switch out or refill but lipstick cases are in a special class. Those are what you pull out and use and show the world what a MAC Warrior you are to have gotten one
cutey.gif

Emailing over this is order. The cases for this line are standout, the cutest I've seen. I don't want to retire my Bad Kitty lippie just because I used it. And the other cases are made for reuse, look at the quality!

So this means....no refilling my precious HK lipstick containers?!
ssad.gif
th_confused_new.gif