What to do with my hair? dye it darker?

genniboo

I'm not sure whether this is the right section to post this (?) so if it needs to be moved, my bad
ssad.gif

But, to the topic: I'm having a dilemma about what to do with my hair and was hoping for your insight. My hair looks pretty much like this right now:

IMG_8447.jpg

The picture's from last summer so right now my hair is a bit darker (and shorter) - but almost the same..

I can't decide whether i should let it be like this with blonde highlights or if i should dye it darker? Do you think a dark brown would suit me or would it be too harsh? I'm usually quite pale so that's why i'm worried a dark brown would look weird on me :S
I've always adored dark, rich, chocolatey and/or slightly reddish browns
love.gif
like these:

hair-and-shoes.jpg
2008-Mark-Sullivan-xl-45331631.jpg

Do you think dyeing my hair to something like this would be a mistake?

EDIT: sorry for the huge pic
ssad.gif
i tried resizing it but apparently photobucket wont update the changes....

Blueeyesangel18

I think the shade the first lady has would look lovely against your skintone Im not a hairstylist but I think you could pull it off you should try taaz.com you can upload a pic and try on different hairstyles and different shades to help you decide

xsnowwhite

I love the blonde on you but I think chocolate brown would be really pretty! You should try it. Idk about a red tone though, that can make you look more pale. But I definitely think you would rock the chocolate brown!

genniboo

Its probably true that the reddish shade would make me look even paler :/
If i do dye it, i'm doing it at home - so do you have any recommendations of what brand and shade i should be using if i want a rich chocolate brown shade? and how often do you think i would need to touch up? My natural haircolor isn't as blonde as in the pic, its more of a greyish-boring-brown :S thats why i want to do something to it, to make it look more alive and less dull.

Oh and Blueeyesangel18 thanks for the link, i must try that out!
smiles.gif

MadameXK

I actually disagree with the other posters and think that the deep, ravishing Kristen Stewart red would look fantastic on you. I think it would make you look incredibly fierce and really bring out your eyes. You might look paler, but fair means beautiful for a reason
smiles.gif

If you're afraid about touching up, maybe consider getting strawberry blond lowlights or even reddish brown lowlights for easier maintenance instead of plunging into full head hair color. Also, I'd like to see after pics!!
winkiss.gif