what to do :(

i work in a very small office where there are 3 ppl max, I have been in my role for nearly a year and i orginally applied to be trained as a manager however I have had no such training even though i have asked. instead i feel like the office dog. I work directly under two mds, one i get on with, the other is a nightmare. there have been many times he has spoken to me like i am sh!t on his shoe, we have no hr department because its such a small company, i feel i am lacking in confidance and many times i have cried myself to sleep. i don't know what to do, shall i quit knowing i have no other job to go to or pay for training myself. the way he makes me feel, feels like i can't even go to other job! I feel i have no career and i feel useless.

Holy Rapture

Hey, hey, hey, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you for sure! A lot of bosses in the world are pig-heads but that should not make you think any less of yourself. The best would be to start looking for a job on the side and anytime the jerk boss tries to give you a tough time, just whip him with words and tell him if he needs something then he's gonna have to be constructive with his comments and that you, in no way, are gonna have his shit!

I know it's tough getting a job these days but, there's no need to invest money getting training from such a worthless bunch or rather boss! Just stay focused and know that all you need is a new job.

Now, time for a hug
th_hug.gif
It'll all be good, don't worry
th_cheerup.gif

thank u! u have made me smile today, i wish i had more guts to stand up for myself, its so hard sometimes when the md is so frightening, sometimes i wonder if he could he would hit me.

sweatpea559

Definitely start looking for a new job. I know you said you want to be a manager and that probably won't be available to you as a starting position at a new job, but it sounds like your negative work environment is really having a negative effect on you emotionally. If you find a better employer I'm sure that after a few months you would be able to get the training that you need to move up in your career. It'll be tough but it sounds like you don't have much to lose.

I understand it is hard to stand up for yourself sometimes but you have to do it. Next time your boss treats you badly you're just going to have to tell him that you don't appreciate being talked to in such a rude manner and demand that he show you some respect.

I'm sorry to hear how frightened your boss makes you. You said you feel that he would hit you if he could... I totally understand why you wouldn't want to confront him, but if he did ever hit you you could get the police involved. I doubt it will come to that.

Stay close with the one you get along with and use him/her as a reference and move on with your career! Once you find a new job put in your notice and put this bad experience behind you...

Good luck and I hope things get better!
smiles.gif

Holy Rapture

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinhead
thank u! u have made me smile today, i wish i had more guts to stand up for myself, its so hard sometimes when the md is so frightening, sometimes i wonder if he could he would hit me.

th_hug.gif
No one on the face of this earth COULD actually hit you. No one would dare put you down. If one cannot be stronger, then play pretend and put up a brave face! Show them the expression "Fuck Off" .... Soon, he'll either stop coming around to you or stay a dirt-bag! Anyhow, don't let this get to you ....
th_cheerup.gif