What to pair with smoke & diamonds??

candycane80

Yea I just got smoke and diamonds! Now what? I would love any input on what shadows/pigments to pair it with, I usually use a highlight color, lid color and crease color any recs for these would be great! TIA

blondemafia76

Quote:
Originally Posted by candycane80
Yea I just got smoke and diamonds! Now what? I would love any input on what shadows/pigments to pair it with, I usually use a highlight color, lid color and crease color any recs for these would be great! TIA

someone posted it here, and I had tried it earlier that same day- with out knowing she did- Rated R and smoke & diamonds.... pretty! with Nylon as the highlight.

panda0410

Yup, Rated R is just beautiful with S&D!! Along the same lines so are Sharp, Chartruese pigment, and Bitter.
So are lots of other colours though, I like Mothbrown, Dark Edge, Night Manoeuvres - in fact any of the cool dark browns look great with it!

Other colours I like to pair with it are Wintersky, Romping, Top Hat/Casette, Parfait Armour, Magic Dust, Creme Royale, Ben Nye Aztec Gold LP, Your Ladyship pigment.

I tried a few true greens (Green pigment, Golden Olive pigment, Springtime Skipper) and didnt like the outcome - but that was on me, it might work better for others
winks.gif

claralikesguts

my favorite look with it is S&D on the lid, a bit of Carbon in the outer v, and cork/wedge/soft brown in the crease.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by claralikesguts
my favorite look with it is S&D on the lid, a bit of Carbon in the outer v, and cork/wedge/soft brown in the crease.

i did something like this on my friend the other day and it looked gorgeous! perfect smokey eye and it's not ott for day time.
smiles.gif

i think i'm gonna try s&d and purples. it looks great with sketch on the crease.

MzzRach

This is such a versatile shadow, so beautiful.

One of my favourite ways to wear S&D:

Unbasic white on the lid (or whatever white frost you might have)
Bamboo in the crease, with a little Saddle to deepen up the outer crease
Smoke & Diamonds blended/smoked out over a black liner next to upper lashes, and smoked into the outer "v".

SpringDancer

As you were told it's very versatile. I like it especially with greens (Fiction/Greensmoke, Club, Sumptuous Olive, Humid); purples (Top Hat, Nocturnelle, Trax, Star Violet) and dark browns (Dark Edge, Embark, Satin Taupe, Magnetic Fields/Buckwheat). You can also try it with pinks (such as Kitschmas, Pink Venus) and greys (such as Knight Divine).

Cinfulgirl

I like using mine with s&d all over the lid, Glamour Check! in the crease and carbon on outer v..
Pretty much like claralikesguts

hawaii02

I love to wear S&D with Nocturnelle and Shore Leave. The other day, I did it with Star Violet in the crease and Crest the Wave (or Bright Future).

Sashan

I wore it today in the crease with Grand Entrance on the inner 1/3rd, Style Snob on the outer 2/3rd and Solar White to highlight.

Also works well in the crease with Strike a Pose on the lid, Contrast to darken the outer v and Unbasic White on the tear duct/highlight.

chiara

I mainly use smoke and diamonds with neutral and brown e/s: satin taupe, embark, carbon.

MizzVivaGlam

smoke and diamonds-all over lid
satin taupe-blended thru ur crease,blend it up and out for a smokey look
nylon-highlight

simple,sexy everyday smokey eye
smiles.gif

saccharinity

I recently wore remotely gray on the lid, smoke and diamonds in the crease and carbon on the outer v and really liked how it turned out.

Cherrymint

I know this is alittle late but I absolutely looove what fancyfacebeater did with smoke & diamonds in this look:
drools.gif

eyelove.gif

Carbon e/s
Print e/s
Smoke&Diamonds e/s
Nylon e/s
Feline e/l
Brun e/s on brows

t0q1yc.jpg

vesperholly

I'm so glad you posted this, after I got S&D, I was pretty clueless on what to pair it with! It still stumps me a little, because it goes on more sheer than it looks in the pot.

S&D with midtone greens was my latest experiment that turned out well. I tried it with Warm Chill, a seafoam green with gold pearl, and it looked great. Unfortunately Warm Chill was LE
ssad.gif