what to say when someone complements your make up.

Lyssah

Hi all,
Yesterday and today I received complements from random strangers about my eyeshadow.
I don't know what to say when people say they like my eyeshadow. I'm a bit shy and I just said thanks and just blush. My bf who was with me said I should of said "thanks, it's mac".

What do you all say when you get complements about your makeup? Do you tell them what colour/brand/product you used?

LMD84

i usually just say thanks very much a blush too! happened to me last saturday when in the supermarket! the check out lady said she loved my pink/violet combo
smiles.gif

Junkie

Same - I had a girl with her mom lastnight compliment me on my eyeshadow - I did an Aquadisiac/Lucky Green/Plumage combo :p - it was very bright next to my ugly uniform! lol

purrtykitty

I say thank you with a big smile (secretly doing a little dance on the inside
greengrin.gif
) and will usually tell them what brand. If they press further, I'll give more details.

BEA2LS

honestly, i usually just say thanks as well.. i will tell them the brand if they ask or if i know the person but for strangers i just say thanks. i dont mind telling them what i am wearing, of course but usually i blend so many different colors in that i know it would be hard for the non obesessed person to duplicate.

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxaemia
My bf who was with me said I should of said "thanks, it's mac".

That sounds completely unnecessary and almost a little like bragging to me. Just because someone says something looks nice doesn't mean they want to buy it. Sometimes I just like to give a compliment, it doesn't mean I want to wear your skin as a costume.
tong.gif
th_wink3.gif

"Thank you" is fine.

hello_kitty

I just smile and say thanks, and nothing else unless they ask. Honestly, if you say "mac" to most normal people, they'll think you went to to the Apple store and picked up your shadow next to the ipod displays, LOL

tthelwell

I just say 'Thank you' with a big smile! And I glow inside....then they usually follow up with...'Do you do it yourself?'...and then I think ummm...of course not...I have a makeup team come over every morning....but I actually grin and say 'Yep I do, thanks again'

I don't think they could care less about what brand it is...or how you did it..unless it's at a makeup counter...MAC MUAs usually ask what you used...

Care

i say thank you, and if they asked what i used i usually give them a few of the products and what brand it was (usually mac!)

Goat Goat Etc.

Just "thank you", and if they inquire to what I used and I feel cooperative I tell them what I used.

By cooperative I mean, I've been asked about where I bought clothes, accessories, jewelry and stuff in the like. If I feel like being the only who should own those things, at the moment, I tell them I got it somewhere other than where I got it.
th_remoteImage-61.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
If I feel like being the only who should own those things, at the moment, I tell them I got it somewhere other than where I got it.
th_remoteImage-61.gif

th_roll1.gif
That's funny, and a little bit evil.

ShortnSassy

i say thank you! if they ask, i tell them what it is but most people who aren't obsessed with makeup like i am don't really care hahaha. or i will say "thank you, i'm a makeup artist! here's my card!"