what to use to apply Metal X.... ?

chipmunkvoice

Hi~
I dont usually buy cream eyeshadows but 6th Sin was just too gorgeous of a color to put down... so i bought it. I came home happy and all excited to try it but when i did... i had trouble applying it
ssad.gif
When i swipe it with my fingers, its a beautiful metallic green but I tried using an eyeshadow brush and... it just came out like a moss green mess .__.

Might be a stupid question ... what am i suppose to use to apply cream eyeshadows?

sitasati

I use my fingers to apply my ONLY metal x shadow. I think it's best ...the product is much more smoother and metallic looking than using a brush actually.

bartp

not at all stupid..; those are great products... and everyone seems to struggle with application at the beginning. So did I,
so here goes:

- fingers : tried it, and it only works if you use Metal X as a base (otherwise you end up with a diluted smudge of color)
- sponge : tried it, but the sponge had more makeup on it than I did
- brushes included with the collection : not a big succes because the hairs were quite hard

so I ended up preferring :

- 242 or 231 brush (or even eyeliner brushes). I just glide over the product the way you would glide over a Fluidline eyeliner. Don't dip into it or push the brush into it. Glide up and down with the brush , the way you would paint a wall, and you'll see the creamy texture loosening. With these brushes I can work in layers, be precise and use MetalX as eyeliner. this worked best for me. Good luck. (oh, and my favorite is Pure Ore, it's great as a highlighter on cheeks :)

threelittlebirds

I use my finger. If you keep layering, it actually comes out pretty vibrant. I'm a NC35 for reference and I've gotten the pink shade to show well this way.

chipmunkvoice

i was just browsing today (doing my usual rounds of my forums and such ^^) and found this video by EnKore (love him!) which answers my question and demonstrates it ...
so heres then link if anyone wants it: YouTube - Applying MetalX by EnKoreMakeUp

Amaranth

Heat definitely helps it smooth out...you can either just go with the warmth of your fingers or heat up a brush (I like using the 231) with a hairdryer or an extremely hot desk lamp like the one I use
smiles.gif

seabird

i find i get the best results with the 202 sponge tip applicator, the colours come out lovely. if that isn't available, fingers will do!

nunu

i watched Enkore's one a few days ago but i can't find the brush he used (maybe because im in the UK?) does anyone know where i can find a similar one?
TIA