What to wear with a black dress?!

Violet*

Hello there people
smiles.gif

I have a party coming up and i'll be wearing a black dress with silver swarovski crystals. I need your help regarding what eyeshadow/lip color to wear with the dress.

Red lipstick is a big no-no for me, as I've tried wearing it before and i'm not comfortable with the look.

This should be easy as everything suits a black dress, but I have so much colors that I can't make up my mind regarding which color to go with.

User49

I would make a statement with your eyes and keep the lips baby pink with gloss. I'd probably go for black liquid liner with a flick on the outside and some sort of cream colour on the lid, such as fairylight pigment or retrospeck e/s.
smiles.gif

Beauty Mark

I would keep the lips soft and go with an unexpected smoky eye look, like using purples or medium to dark blues. I find those looks stunning and simple at the same time.

I would then use a lipstick color a little darker than your natural color and keep them soft.

Zoffe

I was gonna write the exact same thing as beauty mark
smiles.gif

Or... Are you "afraid" of any bright lipsticks or is it just the reds? If not maybe do a cat eye and briiiight pink lips
smiles.gif

lethaldesign

I think a deep smokey eye (maybe even with a little bit of color thrown in, like purple or green) would look great with a semi-neutral pinky lip.

purrtykitty

iagree.gif
beautymark took the words right out of my mouth! Since the dress is black you definitely need a pop of color somewhere, and I think the eyes would be the best place.

Violet*

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I've decided to go with the purple smokey eye and a light pink lip color
winks.gif