What Trend Do You Wish Would Go Away

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veela
This thread is hilarious!!
th_LMAO.gif
Let's see...trends I wish would just go away: Phrases written on your butt like "cheer" or "cutie", Miley Cyrus plaid shirts, Uggs, low-riders (I don't want to see the top of your thong OR your butt crack, thank you very much), pajama bottoms worn ANYWHERE besides your house, puffy skirts (unless you're a ballerina, then just wear it on stage Puh-leez), tights under long shirts, and my number one is shorts/mini skirts worn in the winter, without a coat or sweater, because you're just so hot that you can't bear to cover your body, even when it's freezing outside. That's just plain idiotic.

Oh but I LOVE "puffy" skirts!! Seeing I have narrow hips, they suit me 'cause I can afford to add bulk to that area, but I guess if you're pear-shaped they're not very flattering..

Veela

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_romantic
Oh but I LOVE "puffy" skirts!! Seeing I have narrow hips, they suit me 'cause I can afford to add bulk to that area, but I guess if you're pear-shaped they're not very flattering..

I wouldn't say adding bulk to the area is my annoyance with them. It's the style that bugs me. Sorry. Everyone is different.
th_dunno.gif

RiCh_N_PrEtTy

The only trend I wish would go away is the "I want to look like Kim.K" trend.
Why idolize a woman that has had plastic surgery? Why do many girls want to look like someone who DON'T like the way they look?

Drop it girls, love yourself
yes.gif

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCh_N_PrEtTy
The only trend I wish would go away is the "I want to look like Kim.K" trend.
Why idolize a woman that has had plastic surgery? Why do many girls want to look like someone who DON'T like the way they look?

Drop it girls, love yourself
yes.gif

I've always felt it's easier for the everyday woman to compare herself to Kim K rather than say, Victoria Beckam who is painfully skinny with fake bubbies. Kim and others such as Beyonce, Christina Hendricks, etc. have curves and aren't such sticks.

Some women do take it to the extreme, though. I look to a celebrity to motivate me to get into the gym. No way would I ever get surgery to look like someone
lol.gif
Does anyone remember that MTV show where people got surgery to look like a certain celebrity? RiCh_N_PrEtTy made me think of that show haha.

panda0410

Quote:
Haha they were EVERYWHERE a few months back, even with long sleeves (so confusing, no legs and long sleeves!?), and with press studs at the crotch for easy toileting (or whatever...). Soon after, they were on sale racks everywhere for $5.

LOL, this one has been around before
winks.gif
When I was about 16 they were all the rage with a nice pair of straight leg jeans - EVERYONE had them... ROFL!

What really irks me is low riders and thongs, if you cant pull your jeans up far enough to cover your own ass then you have no business wearing a blasted thong
shockt.gif

panda0410

Oooh and apologies for the double post but this one deserves separate credit.... women who have rather large breasts but DONT wear a bra under a t shirt.... its not terribly flattering and I see them do it all the time here. I dont know which idiot though it was fashionable first, but it definitely aint....

other aussie irks - uggs and thongs (not the panty)... yobbos wearing jeans n uggs or jeans n thongs with the customary flannie are a real turn off....LOLOL!

RiCh_N_PrEtTy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake_x
I've always felt it's easier for the everyday woman to compare herself to Kim K rather than say, Victoria Beckam who is painfully skinny with fake bubbies. Kim and others such as Beyonce, Christina Hendricks, etc. have curves and aren't such sticks.

Yeah the super skinny women aren't a great role model either nor is the women whom have fake curves... (wink wink) lol

I like rihanna's body

k.a.t

Quote:
Yeah the super skinny women aren't a great role model either nor is the women whom have fake curves... (wink wink) lol

I like rihanna's body

th_LMAO.gif

Honey xOo

i honestly am sick of rhianna just as much as kim k. lol besides her music being good, i really hate that she is always naked/trying to proove shes ''bad'' now! wearing pieces of tape across ur boobs and always having to show ur buttcheeks is so stupid. its not even sexy. yes, i like that she doesnt have to be the typical blonde singer to be popular but still, put some clothes on and give us 1 music video that doesn't look like u want to kill urself or somebody else dressed up as a gothic hooker! lol

RiCh_N_PrEtTy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey xOo
i honestly am sick of rhianna just as much as kim k. lol besides her music being good, i really hate that she is always naked/trying to proove shes ''bad'' now! wearing pieces of tape across ur boobs and always having to show ur buttcheeks is so stupid. its not even sexy. yes, i like that she doesnt have to be the typical blonde singer to be popular but still, put some clothes on and give us 1 music video that doesn't look like u want to kill urself or somebody else dressed up as a gothic hooker! lol

ha! I don't know one single female singer ( now) that's popular and covered up.. I can't even think of one...
th_confused_new.gif

LMD84

leotards seem to have hit the uk! i have seen them mentioned in a few different magazines now and seen some in stores. what the heck? i used to have to wear one at school for pe and i hated it. why the heck would i want to wear one now?! esp seeing as i'm not the thinnest person in the world either! some are very horrid looking with sequins all over. seriously where would you wear one?!

k.a.t

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
speaking of Kim K, is that her as ur icon KAT, or is that U? LOL

No that's me in a very flattering angle and high contrast hahaha I'm nothing like Kim K
th_LMAO.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
leotards seem to have hit the uk! i have seen them mentioned in a few different magazines now and seen some in stores. what the heck? i used to have to wear one at school for pe and i hated it. why the heck would i want to wear one now?! esp seeing as i'm not the thinnest person in the world either! some are very horrid looking with sequins all over. seriously where would you wear one?!

Ewwwwww leotards are fugly...oh well we can just laugh at all the fashion sheep who wear them teehee

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
seriously where would you wear one?!

Maybe to a cult meeting with a snuggie over the top..?

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Maybe to a cult meeting with a snuggie over the top..?

^^^^
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

Honey xOo

Quote:
ha! I don't know one single female singer ( now) that's popular and covered up.. I can't even think of one...
th_confused_new.gif

i know, but i hate when they all go through that ''bad girl'' phase, you know when the sparkley hooker dresses turn into leather hooker dreses and their music goes from cutsey to f*ck off. it's just annoying and fake to me lol.

RiCh_N_PrEtTy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey xOo
i know, but i hate when they all go through that ''bad girl'' phase, you know when the sparkley hooker dresses turn into leather hooker dreses and their music goes from cutsey to f*ck off. it's just annoying and fake to me lol.

and who could forget Avail lavine (whatever her name is) she was always a poser and now I'm guessing she embraced her "poser-ness" lol

Shimmer

gotta say, it's butt cold here right now and moderately moist. I love my Uggs. I love my workout clothes (I'm a trainer and I work in a climbing gym, so it works for me) and I love my running leggings and Hot Chillys, especially in this weather.

But dammit I'm sick of ruffles.

fingie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
gotta say, it's butt cold here right now and moderately moist. I love my Uggs. I love my workout clothes (I'm a trainer and I work in a climbing gym, so it works for me) and I love my running leggings and Hot Chillys, especially in this weather.

But dammit I'm sick of ruffles.

Agreed. I can deal with a little bit, but not when its just a clusterf*ck of ruffles on a shirt or whatever. It reminds me of the crap my grandmother (RIP <3) used to buy me when I was little. They were the outfits nightmares were made of.