What would YOU do?

pumpkincat210

I started a flickr site not too long ago, then ran out of space, so i bought a membership. With the membership you get to see where your pictures are being linked from etc...
well here are a couple of examples:

1. 7th "eye" down is mine. No link back to me or any credit, she is basically claiming it as her own work.. it's not even that great,lol.
angela's mane attraction - make - up

2. I took this picture of mac reflects very pink glitter and she is using it to sell on ebay. http://www.flickr.com/photos/pumpkin.../cgi.ebay.com/

3. Now this site is using several of my pictures and is basically admitting to selling fake mac! Wholesale M.A.C Cosmetics and more… | Life is a Drag?

Should I change my creative commons licenses and notify flickr and these sites? At the same time I don't mind people showing my work as long as they are legit and linking back to me properly. In my mac glitter and pigment pictures i clearly say that it is mac and I just took the photo. I started off trying to help people and now they are taking advantage of it. Can someone help me with all the copyright choices flickr gives? thanks!

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
are your pictures watermarked on Flicker...

no, i was hoping to avoid that because it takes away from the photo, but it looks like i'm going to have to start doing something!

blazeno.8

Well no matter what, I'd notify someone from Flickr. I would also make general comments on those sites that the pictures are stolen. I hope you still have the originals or reduced the size before you put them online. I never have my pictures at full size online and I usually crop the pictures.

L1LMAMAJ

That is so wrong! I hope you get this straightened out!! How do you watermark pictures btw?

pumpkincat210

i'm going through the creative common's licensing now and changing some of my pictures licenses. I'm going to definitely send flickr an email and let them know as well as the sites that have my pics up. I don't want to be associated in any way with counterfeiters obviously or step on mac's own toes with a picture intended for non commercial use.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
That is so wrong! I hope you get this straightened out!! How do you watermark pictures btw?

Some picture software like Googles Picasa can do it. Just download it from the webpage and add a text. Inside the program you can make the text transparent and then it looks like a watermark. You can also add the text with the tools provided by photobucket. hth.

pumpkincat210

So after reading through the legal jargon on mac's own site I decided to just delete the pictures from flickr altogether and be done with it. However the pictures are still linked to me although it says the picture has been deleted from my photostream. I thought if they were linked and i deleted the original, the picture on the site would be deleted as well.
I checked mac's site no meta tags were allowed even if i was using the picture for non commercial purposes.

pumpkincat210

cleared my cache and the pictures are gone! yay!
Now unfortunately "angela's mane attraction" site, she has right clicked and saved my picture on her computer. I don't know anything about international law, so i guess i'll just have to email her asking her to take it down. we shall see how that goes... but at least she knows that i know.

kittykit

I've a Pro Flickr account and I do not allow downloading. I don't know how this person was able to steal my photo - nails-withstyle.nl - The second photo is mine and NO, they did not do my nails! I also recognise some photos on the website that belong to my Flickr friends. They were taken without permission and put those nail art on their website as if they are the one who designed them. Shame on these people!

I've asked them to take my picture down but there's no replies. I wonder if they understand English (the website is in Dutch, I think).

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykit
I've a Pro Flickr account and I do not allow downloading. I don't know how this person was able to steal my photo - nails-withstyle.nl - The second photo is mine and NO, they did not do my nails! I also recognise some photos on the website that belong to my Flickr friends. They were taken without permission and put those nail art on their website as if they are the one who designed them. Shame on these people!

I've asked them to take my picture down but there's no replies. I wonder if they understand English (the website is in Dutch, I think).

Doesn't that annoy the heck out of you!? They probably just right clicked your photos and saved them or made a screenshot and cropped the other info out. They probably understand you as there is a ton of translation software out there. They know deep down they are just liars...
keep sending them emails and get your friends to aswell. I hate the thought of putting an ugly watermark on my pictures.