What's On Your Nails?

dixie

Hey girls!

I know this isn't life-altering stuff, but I can't decide what color to put on my nails! I change my polish 2 or 3 times a week because I can't stand it when the color starts to show wear or chip. I just removed Sally Hansen's Concrete which I LOVED but it was time for a change and I thought I'd ask y'all to share if you would, what are you wearing on your nails right now?

Also, I have another question....at 50 years old, I just started wearing polish back in the Fall which makes it a 'new' thing for me. What are your opinions on someone my age wearing, say blue nail polish? I have a few different navys as well as ChG's For Audrey. I think I should wear what ever the hell I like....am I wrong or are those colors juvenile for someone my age?

TIA!

ElvenEyes

Hey girls!

I know this isn't life-altering stuff, but I can't decide what color to put on my nails! I change my polish 2 or 3 times a week because I can't stand it when the color starts to show wear or chip. I just removed Sally Hansen's Concrete which I LOVED but it was time for a change and I thought I'd ask y'all to share if you would, what are you wearing on your nails right now?

Also, I have another question....at 50 years old, I just started wearing polish back in the Fall which makes it a 'new' thing for me. What are your opinions on someone my age wearing, say blue nail polish? I have a few different navys as well as ChG's For Audrey. I think I should wear what ever the hell I like....am I wrong or are those colors juvenile for someone my age?

TIA!
Hi Dixie! I recently turned 48 and I wear whatever I want! Right now I have on Sally Hanson Loyal Lilac and it is gorgeous! I would not mind if it were permanent!! In the fall I wore some gorgeous glittery coppers and teals from some of the newer OPI lines, then a glittery red on Christmas Day. I have noticed women of all ages wearing any sort of nail polish. The days of sticking to old routines are gone. Makeup is not just about enhancing our looks, but also having fun with it. I say definitely try whatever you want and through it you will see what looks best on you, your skin tone, what you are wearing it with, and so forth. Have fun with it! If people mutter under their breath that you look silly, they need to sort out their priorities and can't be very nice anyhow, so who cares? More than likely you will find yourself getting compliments and starting trends!

dixie

Thanks! It's funny that you're wearing lilac because I was considering either OPI's Do You Lilac It? or Essie's St. Lucia Lilac.
amuse.gif
I agree that the days of sticking to old routines are gone and I asked the question because a friend of mine made a negative comment about a color I was wearing. I think I was wearing Lincoln Park at Midnight and she told me I shouldn't wear black polish. I told her that it wasn't black....and even if it was, I've never really been one to play by the rules.

Thanks again for your response.

missminikat

Quote:
Hey girls!

TIA!
I'm wearing OPI Dutch Tulips right now, I wanted something bright and fun! And in response to your other question, I'm a firm believer in wearing whatever colours you want. If someone else doesn't like it, they don't have to look at you.

ElvenEyes

I'm wearing 2 coats of OPI Isn't That Precious and a coat of Princesses Rule on top! I am pink and glimmering!

dixie

Elven - I love pink and I'll bet your nails are fab! Dilli - I have the SH Rock Star but I need to check the Zoya color so I can envision your mani! Love the idea of accent nails but I haven't done it myself I picked up Teenage Dream from the Katy Perry collection and plan to use that as an accent as soon as I figure out what to put with it. Right now I'm wearing Sally Hansen Black Platinum because I'm Jonesing for Chanel's Black Pearl. Don't have a clue if it's similar or not but I just can't seem to bring myself to spend that much on polish!