What's so wrong with being an exclusive MAC whore?

Mochahantas

Just curious.

Lately, I've been reading A LOT of posts that allude to the fact that women 'should step outside the box and try other things.' I've even read people say things like, it annoys them that people are close minded to MAC and only prefer MAC.

Now I use other products, but there are some things that I am exclusive only to MAC (lip gloss). Part of it is the name brand and part of it is that MAC has the best lip glosses out in the market (IMHO).
dazzlekitty.gif
I don't care what anyone else has to say about it either.
nonono.gif

Whatever reasoning behind someone wanting a stash exclusive to the MAC brand, why does it seem to bother some people? If being a MAC whore (I'm using this term loosely, so no offense to anyone
lol.gif
) is okay with the said person, what's the harm in it? Even if they are "missing out" on other things, if they're happy being content to ONLY MAC what's the problem?

Just starting this post for some conversation.

MAC_Whore

There's nothing wrong with it. It's a personal choice. You decide what's best for you.

Other people may suggest that you try things outside of the MAC, as there are some really fantastic products out there, but hey, it's just makeup and no one is putting a gun to anyone's head. Do what you want.

I am MAC_Whore and even I am not MAC-exclusive. In fact, the more time and experience I have with cosmetics, the more I have branched out to other brands. Personally, it has been very rewarding and I have found some great items.

User49

I think anything that is fashion based and has a cult following will recieve critique. But I'm happy to admit I'm a TOTAL mac whore. I love the company, i love the collections. I do like some other brands and their products but really if i had to choose i'd choose mac everytime. I think people just get annoyed because they want something to gripe about.
smiles.gif

LMD84

i'm a mac whore when it comes to certain products - for example pigments. nobody does loose powders like mac does. they have soooo much choice it's unreal! same goes for shadows and lipsticks. however i still use other brands. i'd never only buy just mac because i find some things like mascaras are done even better by drugstore brands like maybelline. same goes for foundation. i love my mac and i am indeed a mac whore and about 85% of my make up is mac. but im always open to trying different brands
smiles.gif

kittykit

I've been using MAC for 8 years and I have tried other brands but I still prefer to get certain stuffs from MAC - for example, eye shadows, pigments, blushes, blot powder, etc.

gildedangel

MAC is the vast majority of my collection. There is nothing wrong with being MAC exclusive; lord knows that I am a big brand loyalist! It is rare that I try other brands but I do on occasion if it has been raved about! It's all a personal decision, and there is nothing wrong with being exclusive to MAC or loving products from all brands!

GlamQueen21

I admit that I'm a MAC whore and I love their products so much, especially lipglasses, lipsticks, eyeshadows and pigments. There is nothing wrong with being a total MAC addict.

BEA2LS

i love MAC but perfer certain items from other brands.. but that said, it's really a personal choice.

hello_kitty

My makeup would be 100% MAC if I didn't choose other brands for mascara and eyeliners. When I find something I like, I tend to stick to it. It's me using the stuff, not other people, so I don't care what they say!

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
There's nothing wrong with it. It's a personal choice. You decide what's best for you.

Other people may suggest that you try things outside of the MAC, as there are some really fantastic products out there, but hey, it's just makeup and no one is putting a gun to anyone's head. Do what you want.

I am MAC_Whore and even I am not MAC-exclusive. In fact, the more time and experience I have with cosmetics, the more I have branched out to other brands. Personally, it has been very rewarding and I have found some great items.

What she said.
winkiss.gif

Skin*Deep

about 75% of my collection is MAC, there are certain things from NARS, Guerlain, Laura Mercier, Dior, and MUFE, that I love love and only buy theirs...Dior Mascara, NARS Multiple, Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer....you get the idea. I have never thought about someone having solely MAC as a bad thing, though.....I think their stuff is great, but for me, finding the best in every line is a fabulous hobby.

banana1234

as long as you don't go out and see something you like, and say 'i cant get that cos its not mac' then its fine, if you like something get it, regardless of brand, if that happens that its all the same brand or all different brands, that doesn't matter either.
as long as you don't limit yourself to only one, unless that product really is something you prefer to others
does that make sense?
th_confused_new.gif

LiAnn

If MAC is what you prefer exclusively, use it and enjoy it! It just means that (for the present) you've found a set of tools that you like, and KNOW you like. Don't be afraid to try other products if you think you might like them (other posters have mentioned this), but don't feel like you have to apologize for your buying/using habits, or try to defend being a '[insert brand name] whore'. It's the set of tools (toys) that works for you, you enjoy them, stick with what you prefer! This is most definitely a preference-thing. Different products/brands will work better for different people. I like MAC's range of colors and their initial philosophy, but I really prefer loose powders and wish that MAC made mascara in colors other than black (black-brown would be nice...a rich navy blue, a deep plum, maybe? Waterproof, even? Bueller? Bueller?
greengrin.gif
)

I admit, I'm pretty much the polar opposite of everyone on this board. I've tried MAC's pigments, nail polish, lip stick, mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss; but the only thing I've found that I really like is their paint pots. I'm mostly here for the cool looks and interesting tutorials
greengrin.gif

kaliraksha

Honestly, it is going to be a personal decision. I am going to choose what looks best on my skin, my coloring, my chemistry and my wallet.

But, I am more likely to try a MAC product because it is MAC and they rarely let me down. Which is why most of my collection is also MAC... I look at MAC first for my needs and when their product doesn't meet them then I start venturing into other trusted brands.

Ebbychina

A person should never, ever have to justify the choices they make in life, especially with respect to makeup! 80% of my collection is MAC, and although there are other brands which I prefer for items such as liners and mascara, because I can't justify spending a lot for those items, I generally buy MAC.

Unless someone is blogging about giving me money to support another brand, I will continue to buy what brand makes me happy! We work hard to support our makeup loves, we shouldn't have to justify anything!
th_wink3.gif

ms. kendra

I love MAC just as much as any die hard fan, but I'm also a PRODUCT JUNKIE, so I'm naturally going to want to try other things. I'm not that closed off that I won't try other brands.

TISH1124

I am about 90% MAC...But I say people should buy what they like...who cares what anyone else thinks...my Money my purchase...I buy what I like not what the beauty gurus rate as the next best thing ... Anyone has a problem with it...thats their issue to deal with not mine...I will always choose MAC first..it's what I know and love

RedRibbon

Nothing wrong it with at all
smiles.gif

I'm a Molton Brown whore when it comes to showergels/soaps and that's all I will ever use in the bathroom as they work the best for me.

If the whole range of products work for you, carry on using them!