What's the deal with pigment samples?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyfee

Hey guys... I've been reading Specktra for a while, and I must admit my favorite products are the pigments... But the pigment samples are still a mystery to me. How can you get them? Are they available only from people who buy the full pots and resell small quantities? Or can they actually be purchased at MAC counters? Or even better, are they GIVEN FOR FREE at MAC counters???
drools.gif
lol if so is there a limit you can get? The actual size pigments are so expensive (for my budget and the number of colors I'd buy), so I'm really interested in this!
So anyone who could clue me in, I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks a lot!!
Janie

Shaquille

Hi Janie

Here are some ways I get my pigment samples:
- ask for it at MAC store/counter when I make a purchase.. there's no limit, just use your common sense
smiles.gif

- swap at MUA (make up alley)

other ways
- buy from the body needs (but I've heard they sell fakes too, minor though)
- buy from other specktranettes and other forum people
- search online (I found some people who sell on blogspot and youtube)

good luck..

Simply Elegant

MAC can't sell samples to you. You get them for free or not at all. It's up to the store and MA. Some stores have a policy that they follow that they're not allowed to give samples because of some people abusing that privilege. You can ask for them but they may say no. I've never asked for one but I have been offered samples many times by the MAs at the freestanding store that I go to. They know I always buy so if I say I'm trying to decide which pigments to buy they offer samples.

jennyfee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
MAC can't sell samples to you. You get them for free or not at all. It's up to the store and MA. Some stores have a policy that they follow that they're not allowed to give samples because of some people abusing that privilege. You can ask for them but they may say no. I've never asked for one but I have been offered samples many times by the MAs at the freestanding store that I go to. They know I always buy so if I say I'm trying to decide which pigments to buy they offer samples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimjunae
In addition to what Shaquille said, you can also get the at the following sites:

NessasaryMakeup Store
GirlMeetsMakeup MAC pigment samples more
MadeBeautiful Cosmetics 4 U

...obviously they are all on ecrater so it's must a popular site for people who sell pigments. Have fun shopping!
yahoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille
Hi Janie

Here are some ways I get my pigment samples:
- ask for it at MAC store/counter when I make a purchase.. there's no limit, just use your common sense
smiles.gif

- swap at MUA (make up alley)

other ways
- buy from the body needs (but I've heard they sell fakes too, minor though)
- buy from other specktranettes and other forum people
- search online (I found some people who sell on blogspot and youtube)

good luck..

Thank you guys! This was really helpful! I have yet to own MAC cosmetics, since the nearest counter is 1½ hours away, but I'm gonna shop at one in a few days and can't wait to get my hands on some of their stuff!!! Thank you!

kimmy

i wouldn't go to a mac counter/store and buy one eyeshadow then ask for like five pigment samples. i usually only ask for one when i go, but only if i really like the colour. some mas will only give you a tiny bit while others will fill the effin' jar which is badass, because that should give you enough to press into an empty eyeshadow pan.

and then of course, as everyone has mentioned, you can find them here. alot of the sellers in the sale & swap forum offer pigment samples in addition to other items. if you can't find the colours you want there, you can always post a want ad with specific colours and sample sizes.
winks.gif

sonnebutti

ebay is full with pigment samples. A lot of people are making a lot of money with this kind of deals. usually it's not even a full teaspoon

Status
Not open for further replies.