when did a shopping trip become newsworthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redambition

just to clarify - that hospital she visited was not some special hospital.

it was your standard run of the mill public hospital in australia... of which there are several in each state. given that these hospitals are funded out of our tax money by the government (granted the government isn't allocating enough of that tax money fund to them, but that's another story), it's unlikely that the average person would be moved to donate more. if she had illustrated a particular need for which this hospital requires donations, then i'm sure people would consider donating. but she didn't... and we already pay for this hospital to be run.

at the end of the day, we don't know why she did it. yes, awareness is a good thing, but what kind of awareness was raised, exactly? i'm still unsure.

ilovexnerdsx

i dont exactly hate paris hilton...but honestly, what has she done good? :shrug: the whole thing is rediculous.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovexnerdsx
i dont exactly hate paris hilton...but honestly, what has she done good? :shrug: the whole thing is rediculous.

She's popular because of threads like these ones that's why. The haters are responsible for making her the celebrity that she is. If the members on this board are any indication there are more haters posting/searching about Paris, than the fans.

Which I find rather ironic, considering people like Shimmer who hate her guts, know more about her, who she's been with, where she was, who she's fucking, etc than people like me who think she's fun. Every thread like this one that google's webcrawlers find, is another dollar in Paris's pockets.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
just to clarify - that hospital she visited was not some special hospital.

So? it's not like the random places Brad Pitt and Angelina visit are anything special eigther. But regardless, it makes people more aware. Which is never bad.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
So? it's not like the random places Brad Pitt and Angelina visit are anything special eigther. But regardless, it makes people more aware. Which is never bad.

please read the rest of my post. kthnxbye.

Beauty Mark

I saw the photos on a celebrity gossip site, so I didn't contribute to the hits
smiles.gif

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
I saw the photos on a celebrity gossip site, so I didn't contribute to the hits
smiles.gif

It's the same thing. As long as people are interested in Celebrity Gossip, all the celebs you HATE, will continue to get press. Those gossip sites have advertising as well.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandolak
Stop giving paris lip service if you all hate her *yawn* at it all..anyone agree?

Yup, as I said early, the haters are more interested in her than the fans.

MiCHiE

Why are people who are not "fans" automatically labeled as "haters"? It's really not that serious and the word is played out.

Beauty Mark

It's the lj community and it's ad-free, btw. I read it for other news clippings (shows I watch, movies I'm interested in, a nice relaxing thing to read) than Paris Hilton; some of her info just happens to make it on the site.

Quote:
Why are people who are not "fans" automatically labeled as "haters"? It's really not that serious and the word is played out.

ITA. I don't spend every waking hour thinking about people I don't like.

MiCHiE

It seems it's not even about not thinking about or liking a person. Any time you don't have a good thing to say, you're all of a sudden "hating". Can a person just not give a damn one way or another? Is there a category for that?

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
It seems it's not even about not thinking about or liking a person. Any time you don't have a good thing to say, you're all of a sudden "hating". Can a person just not give a damn one way or another? Is there a category for that?

If you dont give a damn, why post anything negative at all?

Quote:
I blame the media for following this 2-bit 'ho around.

Oh right, like calling her a 2-bit 'ho isn't hating on Paris.

I'd like you see you call someone a 2-bit'ho to their face and see what their reaction would be in person.

Raerae

Quote:

The only people who I call haters, are the people such as yourself, who have to verbally assault someone that you've never met. If you really didn't care, you woulnd't have such a holstile opinion towards her.

MiCHiE

th_rolleye0014.gif
You can seriously save the drama. It's a messageboard! And, I've called people worse than that to their face and walked away unscathed. What's your point?

Tash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
If you dont give a damn, why post anything negative at all?

Oh right, like calling her a 2-bit 'ho isn't hating on Paris.

I'd like you see you call someone a 2-bit'ho to their face and see what their reaction would be in person.

It isn't hating on her when it's true
smiles.gif

little teaser

remember hating on some one dont make you prettier... so what she is the way she is, is that effecting you or hurting you if not then why even 'hate

Raerae

Quote:
th_rolleye0014.gif
You can seriously save the drama. It's a messageboard! And, I've called people worse than that to their face and walked away unscathed. What's your point?

You haven't said it to the right person then. But please, keep running your mouth like that.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tash
It isn't hating on her when it's true
smiles.gif

Please. I'm guarentee if you were followed by camera's 24-7, and taken out of context 99% of the time, we could fill tabloid pages with your drama too. 1/2 the girls posting things about her are just as bad when they go out. Only difference is, no one cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.