where did you get Nars online

macchiato299

hello everyone, i am a big fan of Nars but sadly i am currently in australia. the price here is unbelievably expensive. i am wondering if anyone can tell me where did you get Nars online?
Thanks a lot.

2browneyes

Not sure if narscosmetics.com ships to Australia but you could try that website. Or you could try Sephora.com to see if they will ship to you.

MarieMary

Sephora.com unfortunately only ships to the US and Canada. As for narscosmetics.com they only ship to the US. :(
I feel your pain!

BeckyBenett

u can try asos.com. they ship internationally and have some nars products. unfortunately, they dont ship cosmetics to singapore (where im staying). even amazon does not do that.. oh so you can also try amazon.com which sells nars.. SG has a lot of restrictions on import of cosmetics so international sellers can sell to us..
censored.gif

i feel your pain though.. hopefully, asos.com or amazon.com works for you. i went to australia last month and was shocked by the nars prices myself..

MarieMary

I don't think asos.com would work. It does ship internationally, except for some brands, Nars included. As for Amazon, it's the same story.
At least that's what's happening when I try to order. It may be different for Australia. I hope it is!

Redaddict

Ahhhh, a fellow Aussie! I feel your pain. Mecca?! What a rip off! The website kissandmakeupny could be the answer to your prayers. They stock Nars and ship to Australia! Hooray! I've ordered from them once and they were great. Judging by their facebook page I think they have a lot of customers in Australia... can't imagine why ;-)

BeckyBenett

Ahhhh, a fellow Aussie! I feel your pain. Mecca?! What a rip off! The website kissandmakeupny could be the answer to your prayers. They stock Nars and ship to Australia! Hooray! I've ordered from them once and they were great. Judging by their facebook page I think they have a lot of customers in Australia... can't imagine why ;-)

ooh they have a flat rate shipping of 9.95!! thanks soo much!!! i have a feeling im gg to have a large nars collection now.. hehe..

EDIT: has anyone ordered from the site? The reviews are quite bad for this site.. There are a number of pple who claim tt items were nt received more than 2 (in some cases 5 weeks) weeks. The owner had informed the customer very rudely that she had re-sent the item bt it still did not arrive (i got this from the purseforum.com).. im nt fond of sites who treat customers like crap.. esp when we are paying good money for the items..

macchiato299

Mecca?? $78 for the duo eyeshow!!!! I heard kissandmakeupny before just not sure about if the product are good. Since you had good experience I recon I will have a try! ^_^

Redaddict

ooh they have a flat rate shipping of 9.95!! thanks soo much!!! i have a feeling im gg to have a large nars collection now.. hehe..

EDIT: has anyone ordered from the site? The reviews are quite bad for this site.. There are a number of pple who claim tt items were nt received more than 2 (in some cases 5 weeks) weeks. The owner had informed the customer very rudely that she had re-sent the item bt it still did not arrive (i got this from the purseforum.com).. im nt fond of sites who treat customers like crap.. esp when we are paying good money for the items..

Oh dear, I too hate sites that have bad customer service (Yes, I'm looking at you evil starsmakeuphaven!). I'm sorry, I would hate to steer anyone in the wrong direction. I went through a major Nars phase about a year ago and I was thrilled to discover kissandmakeupny. I waited until they had a 10% off promotion and bought several items from them. As I said, I found their customer service to be brilliant (I ordered one blush... possibly Desire and then couldn't sleep thinking I'd made the wrong choice so I contacted them and asked them to change it to Mata Hari which they had no problem doing). Shipping wasn't the speediest but I don't recall it being anything like the 5 weeks you mentioned. It might have been about 2 weeks. I think I recall researching prior to purchasing from them and seeing that there were complaints around delivery times but I figured that for half the price that the same items are here, it would be worth having a little patience! Anyway, I guess all I can say is I have only ordered from them once and it was about a year ago but there were no problems. It might be different now.

MarieMary

Well, to be fair, they aren't really responsible for shipping, aren't they? If the package is delayed by customs, they can't do anything about it.
And you'll always find horror stories about any customer service, even the best of the best.

But I haven't ordered anything from them, so I can't really say. :p

BeckyBenett

Well, to be fair, they aren't really responsible for shipping, aren't they? If the package is delayed by customs, they can't do anything about it.
And you'll always find horror stories about any customer service, even the best of the best.

But I haven't ordered anything from them, so I can't really say. :p
hmm it really depends. good places will really make an effort. B&N will re-send another package if they think an item is being delayed at customs and are generally very courteous.. i once had a package that got lost in the mail and they refunded me the money. in this case, a customer never received the items and nothing was refunded. most stores will be able to check if items are delivered as there has to be an arrangement with the delivery service. otherwise, pple will start saying they never received the package when they did..

bt thanks anyways!!

MarieMary

@ BeckyBenett: I was mostly talking about delivery times. If you're ordering from another country, there are going to be delays, and those vary immensely depending on the time of the year, the size of the package, the regualtions of customs, etc... I don't think it's fair to put the blame on the company for something they're not responsible for (long delivery times for example). But if the problem is their responsibility (missing items, items never received), then yes they should do everything they can to please the customer.

BeckyBenett

@ BeckyBenett: I was mostly talking about delivery times. If you're ordering from another country, there are going to be delays, and those vary immensely depending on the time of the year, the size of the package, the regualtions of customs, etc... I don't think it's fair to put the blame on the company for something they're not responsible for (long delivery times for example). But if the problem is their responsibility (missing items, items never received), then yes they should do everything they can to please the customer.
Hmm.. thats a good point Mary. However, most companies will have sufficient data to provide an estimate of when the package will arrive, i.e. usually within 2 weeks. And if you have to wait double that time, I think there is problem (despite it not being the company's problem). At the end of the day, the most successful companies claim responsibility and as such, customers feel safe buying from them. If you query the status of your order, B&N is able to inform you that the item is delayed at customs etc. I think its important (for the company) to know where the items are. This is especially so if you select a more expensive delivery service.

back2topic.gif
its good that you can order Nars from Asos, Kanne! I'm, unfortunately, not as lucky.. Bt I love buying clothes from asos.. Especially since its free worldwide delivery..

MarieMary

I agree that a company should know where the package is, and inform the customer if there is a delay in delivery. But as you say, they give an estimated arrival date based on the average delivery time, so I would not hold a company responsible if my package is delayed by customs for whatever reason (and they do hold packages very often for a long time). If they had given an absolutely sure arrival date, then I'd ask them to take responsibility.

But yes, back to the topic. ^^

WhatWouldJoanDo

True customs can make a huge difference in times. Anything international you are very lucky if two weeks. I've had 4 weeks wait and Am not surprised whn it happens - it really depends on how the business days fall and customs.

kanne

Hey, was just looking at the Mecca website and they seem to have reduced the price of blushes, at least, from what I believe used to be $62 to $49 so I guess that something.