Where do you buy your MAC?

mimip63

I first started buying MAC at Macy's, but the salespeople there usually ignore you like forever before they ask if you need help. Also, returning things is not fun at all. I always got the stank eye and they made me feel really bad for using it.

At the MAC store, there is sometimes a wait like anywhere else, but the salespeople are a lot nicer and more knowledgeable than other places. Every time I've gone a salesperson has helped me learn a nice thing about applying things. However, the 30 day return policy seems tough to me. And there are more options for back to MAC products.

I think I've had the best experiences at Nordstrom. They usually get to me reasonably quickly. Plus there is a unlimited time period for returns.

CCO's are good for getting discounts, but the salespeople look like they don't want to be bothered and usually know absolutely nothing about the products they sell. Also you can only exchange / get a store credit in case something doesn't work out?

Where do you purchase your MAC items and why? Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, Macy's, CCO, MAC store, Ebay, MAC online, somewhere else?

Anaphora

I buy at a MAC store and online. I like the feel of the store better than counters and will drive the extra 10 minutes to get there.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Generally, MAC online or Nordstrom online. I have purchased from counters and CCOs in the past, too.

matchachoco

I have had similar experiences at Macy's! There are a couple great employees, but some of them will ignore me for 10 minutes when there are no other customers in the store! I try to be a good customer, but if I ask for help and don't get it, I'm just going to leave.

So these days, I get most of my MAC online, usually from MAC's website. I only go to the Macy's counter for Back to MAC. I've had better experiences in actual MAC stores, but there are none by me, so that's only if I'm on vacation.

NATlar

Either my local mac stores mainly coz most of the time I want to check the product before I buy to make sure it suits me or I'll order from Debenhams if I'm sure and I can't get there on launch day but if i want anything I can just phone them up an they put the products behind for me to collect.

cakewannaminaj

I have started buying MAC from their online store, I also buy from Nordstrom and if let's say a limited edition sold out too quick that I didn't get a chance to grab one item then I would wait till its launched in my country and get it from the MAC counter, but I try to avoid buying from MAC counter cause it's twice the US price.

masucree

I live in New Zealand and get mine from the Pro Store in Britomart or the store inside Smith & Caughey's :3

pandorablack

Nordstrom. They have the best customer service, so I enjoy shopping there.

Sometimes I go to the MAC store but it's like two towns away and I live like five minutes from Nordstrom.

Occasionally I shop online too.

Jill1228

Online on MAC or Nordstrom.com. There are no MAC stores in the state and the closest department store with a MAC counter is 2 hours away. We have the HUGE Nordstrom distribution center here but no Nordstrom stores here in Iowa. If I hit a mac store, I go to Chicago or Minneapolis. I can't wait to move out of the Midwest.

pandorablack

If I hit a mac store, I go to Chicago or Minneapolis. I can't wait to move out of the Midwest.
I would cry bitter, bitter tears in your shoes. Sometimes you just need to go in person, like to get a foundation match or to find the perfect shade of red lipstick.

One thing I love about living in Sacramento metro area is the shopping. We have multiple locations to purchase MAC in every mall. One is literally five minutes away from me. I'm so spoiled.

Back in the day when I lived in Santa Rosa the only way to get MAC was to order online. Then they finally opened up a MAC at the local Macy's. I was so excited.

Jill1228

I miss Cali. I lived in San Joaquin county
I would cry bitter, bitter tears in your shoes. Sometimes you just need to go in person, like to get a foundation match or to find the perfect shade of red lipstick. One thing I love about living in Sacramento metro area is the shopping. We have multiple locations to purchase MAC in every mall. One is literally five minutes away from me. I'm so spoiled.  Back in the day when I lived in Santa Rosa the only way to get MAC was to order online. Then they finally opened up a MAC at the local Macy's. I was so excited.

DarylandCarole

MAC online or Nordstrom online. I'm not much for going to cosmetics counters in person.
Same as the others, MAC or Nordie's online. I don't have a MAC store anywhere close, and it's a 50 minute drive to Nordie's to an area that I rarely need to go to. I love the convenience of buying online and getting that package in the mail!

MelroseLuvsMkup

Same, mac online or nordstrom. I really can't stand all the fuss especially on launch days. Like most I love getting stuff from the mail.

DarylandCarole

Online on MAC or Nordstrom.com. There are no MAC stores in the state and the closest department store with a MAC counter is 2 hours away. We have the HUGE Nordstrom distribution center here but no Nordstrom stores here in Iowa. If I hit a mac store, I go to Chicago or Minneapolis. I can't wait to move out of the Midwest.
I feel your pain, Jill! I used to live in SoCal and had a MAC Pro store 15 minutes away and a regular MAC store 20 minutes away. Now I have none. At least there is a Macy's and Nordies with a counter about 50 minutes away. I still miss Cali, though!

NaomiH

My main stop for MAC is my local Dillard's counter because the people there are so lovely, followed up by Nordstrom and then the freestanding store. I do also buy from MAC online on occasion, but I prefer checking things out in person if at all possible.

Latest posts