Where I keep my mini collection.

sel00187

Seeing as my collection is very tiny i dont need a lot of storage, so i keep my make-up in this box

35776_PE126674_S3.jpg

altho i havent got a picture of my one in my room, that is the one lol. i organize my make-up into the different sections. lol. so the top left is mascara, middle is eye liner/shadow and the last is lip stuff. the middle long draw has all my face stuff in, eg. foundation, bronzer etc. and the bottom draw has cream, hair accessories, eye lash curlers, clips etc...

on the top of that i keep

30555_PE119160_S3.jpg

for my brushes. and next to that i have a miniture wire shopping basket to put my lush things in. all this sits next to my computer monitor and looks quite cute hehe. i might just have to get another box if my obsession continues
rofl.gif
hope you like it
wavey.gif

Steel

I use the same wooden box thing from Ikea to store my make-up!
encore.gif

It's like it's made for MU storage, hee!! Mine's got only three drawers though, topmost for face stuff, middle for eye stuff and bottom for lip stuff. I've painted mine yellow and I have another one that will be painted light blue - I will store my skincare products in that one!

sel00187

:O lol! wot a coincidence! was urs easy to paint? i was thinkin of painting mine but because my room is beige n natural lookin my bf said leave it natural it looks better. id love to see a picture of urs! x

Steel

Yeah, it's really easy to paint! I wanted to paint mine because the plywood is such an awful quality (IKEA quality! :goofy
smiles.gif
that when I open the drawers I get sticks from the wood to my hands, not nice!

The paint I used is not actually paint but similar (sorry, I have no idea what it is called in English!) and more see-thru. If you only paint it once you will see the wood underneath so I painted mine twice since I didn't want that. But the 'paint', it comes in about a zillion different colours and lots of them only have a little amount of colour because they're intended just to protect the wood so with those you can get a nice wooden finish and no sticks to your hands - I'm sure it'd look lovely in a natural coloured room!

Here's my yellow box! :loveya:

sel00187

wow tht looks so nice painted! i dont get any sticks to my hands :S i might think about painting mine, depending if i get another box or if i manage to fill this one up first lol. i kinda like the grain in my box though. did you have fun building it? hehe! i did! x

Leanne

Thats such a great idea!
I think I best be going to ikea sometime soon. Do they come ready assembled? Or do you have to build it yourself?

sel00187

you have to build them urself but its so much fun making them lol i was in the sunshine so i got a bit burnt whilest making it hehe! if ur in the UK they cost 7.99
smiles.gif

DaizyDeath

ooooo im going to ikea today to get my bed! so im going to have to look for that while im there my collection is quickly growing so i need more storage

joyousdays

I saw these yesterday in Ikea, but I had no idea to use them as my cosmetics's storage, this is really a great idea~

Corien

I use that too!

That was from a few years ago, when there wasn't any make-up in it, had a different chair, monitor, and now the place where my telivision is changed too. The drawer set has moved to another place first, but is now back in my bookcloset!