where my NW 45 ladies at????

K_ashanti

just curious if you wear other foundations from other lines what shades do you use for example i'm a 75 in MUFE velet mat & hazelnut in black opal that pretty much all i have tried cuz i keep going back to my NW 45 studio fix fluid!!!!

M.A.C. head.

I don't use anything besides Studio Fix, sorry I'm of no help
ssad.gif

I was wearing the wrong shade for the longest time. Since 2004 I had been wearing NW43, and I always thought it looked wrong, but the next shade [NW45] looked too dark, so I was just like "f**k it". Then a few months ago I got tired of never feeling okay with the shade I was wearing, so I ordered NW45. It's been lovely since then LOL

gitts

I use MAC Studio Fix as well. Sorry. I love the look and refused to go elsewhere. However with all the talk about MUFE HD foundation, I am considering trying that when my studio fix is gone. Which is when like in 3 years, this stuff lasts forever.

Lapis

I'm no help either, the last thing I used besides MAC was Fashion Fair almost 6 years ago, lol I was a sable in their line.

Gitts how in the world do you get a bottle to last so long, I'm avg-ing 9-12 months on mine

Lovey99

I wear 80 in MUFE Mat Velvet
180 in MUFE HD Foundation
Clinique Stay Brandy
MAC MSF Deep Dark
MAC MSF Loose Deeper Dark
Prescriptives Virtual Matte Pressed Powder in Level 6

Twinkle_Twinkle

In Prescriptives' All Skins Mineral Powder I am Level 5 Warm. In their ready made shades I am Real Cocoa. In their Traceless I am Level 6.

d n d

I have been wearing Studio Tech in NW 45 for a while. It tends to be a little to creamy but it is the only makeup I have bought that I really felt matched and didn't break me out.

I am currently trying my hand at Iman Second to None Cream to Powder in Earth 3. It's okay for the price but in my opinion it doesn't compare coverage wise to Studio Tech.

braidey

I wear Earth 3--Iman Cream to Powder
Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse--Cocoa
Estee Lauder Individualist--Walnut
Fashion Fair--Pure Brown
Bobbi Brown--Walnut #8
Lancome--Suede 5n
Black Opal--Black Carob

My favorite of all these would be the Iman, it looks heavenly on the skin

Strawbrry75

mac_addict.gif
I wear NW 45 as well, but in MUFE HD i use 177, in the studio mist mac i use deep. In the winter I can use NC 55 because my skin lightens

ClaireAvril

Finally.. I thought us NW45s were an endangered species!

I use Studio Fix Powder/Fluid along with the NW45 concealer.. the one in the pot.
I have tried MUFE HD Foundation - I believe the shade was 175. It's good but I always set it with the Studio Fix Powder..

I've been wanting to try Iman.. Clinique.. maybe one day.. but first MUFE HD Foundation please.

d n d

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
Where is Iman sold?

I've never seen it anywhere
ssad.gif

The only place I found it in my city is Walmart. Other than that I know it is sold online on Target.com and Walgreen's website.

goldensunsetfl

MAC Studio fix nw45
Mac select tint nw45
Mac studio tech nw45

I tried Black Opal foundation stick in hazelnut and it blended in well, but didn't give the coverage that a stick foundation should (for ex, it didn't cover my old acne marks, even when I tried to build the coverage on the marks). However, one particular product from Black Opal that I do not recommend at all is their Total Coverage Concealing Foundation. I got it in the hazelnut shade as well, but it was so orange that it made me look like a Oompa Loompa! At one point I was looking at the Nixie foundation, but I'm paranoid about trying it since they don't have any stores in my area, and I would have to guess the correct shade from the website.

gitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
I'm no help either, the last thing I used besides MAC was Fashion Fair almost 6 years ago, lol I was a sable in their line.

Gitts how in the world do you get a bottle to last so long, I'm avg-ing 9-12 months on mine

I am not sure how I manage. My skin is pretty clear so I dont use much of any skin product. I use MSF Deep Dark on most days and it does not seem to be moving. I use Studio Fix for night outs or special occassions. That is not moving either. I have had them both for just over a year. In fact in the last three years, I have not hit the pan on any of my makeup and still have not manage to use up any of my lipsticks. Weird, huh!

gitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
Finally.. I thought us NW45s were an endangered species!

I use Studio Fix Powder/Fluid along with the NW45 concealer.. the one in the pot.
I have tried MUFE HD Foundation - I believe the shade was 175. It's good but I always set it with the Studio Fix Powder..

I've been wanting to try Iman.. Clinique.. maybe one day.. but first MUFE HD Foundation please.

I have tried Clinique and really it was nothing to shout about. They will have to improve their products for WOC to get me back there. Heh, I moving to Toronto in January, from Barbados no less.

belle89

I'm NW45 in Studio Fix Powder fdtn.

I currently use Sephora's Mattifying Powder fdtn in D65. I like it a lot.

K_ashanti

i like MUFE but it does just as good as my studio fix fluid so i save my money, plus there isn't a sephora close tp me so i have to order it and pay shipping and handling and it ends being like 12 dollar more the my sff, plus i think its my best macth to date, i 've also tried clinque but i did not like it at all i don't remember the shade tho