where my NW 45 ladies at????

SassyMochaJess

NW45 in studio fix/fluid and concealer
deep dark in blot and msf
and earth 3 in Iman cream to powder foundation (my fav foundation!)

goldensunsetfl

I finally decided yesterday to go ahead and order some foundation from Nixie. It's going to be the full coverage foundation in tantone 7.

K_ashanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMochaJess
NW45 in studio fix/fluid and concealer
deep dark in blot and msf
and earth 3 in Iman cream to powder foundation (my fav foundation!)

i've been dying to try Iman line but i have to order have you tried the stick as well?

milamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldensunsetfl
I finally decided yesterday to go ahead and order some foundation from Nixie. It's going to be the full coverage foundation in tantone 7.

i used to use nixie in tantone 7 but theyve changed thier formulas and it doesnt really suit my skintone. well the full coverage does but not the other cream foudnaiton. really weird, but now they ahve new cases and such, not the same formula i bough 2 year s ago...

mary kay-bronze 1

milamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldensunsetfl

i used to use nixie in tantone 7 but theyve changed thier formulas and it doesnt really suit my skintone. well the full coverage does but not the other cream foudnaiton. really weird, but now they ahve new cases and such, not the same formula i bough 2 year s ago...

mary kay-bronze 1

SassyMochaJess

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_hood_model
i've been dying to try Iman line but i have to order have you tried the stick as well?

No actually I have yet. I do want to get that one for everyday use like when im going to school, the cream to powder gives me such a flawless look I use it for going out and when i wanna be extra. But i will try it soon and see...

goldensunsetfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamonster

mary kay-bronze 1

Thanks for the feedback. I'm just looking for a foundation that's similar to Studio Tech, but at a lower price, and after reading some of the good reviews on Nixie, I thought it was worth a shot. It's suppose to be arriving today, but if the formula or shade is off, it will definitely be going back, lol.

goldensunsetfl

The Nixie foundation did come today and I tried it on, along with the other samples I asked for (I told the lady on the phone what Mac shade I was and she offered to send samples, so I requested the tantone 6 and 8, but they also included olive 3). The weird thing is that one of the samples I made a guess on(tantone 6) was actually a match while the full size one (tantone 7) was too light. I didn't even bother with the olive one and tantone 8 was a little too dark. I'm going to wear it to work tomorrow to see how long it last or if it will change color.

ClaireAvril

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitts
I have tried Clinique and really it was nothing to shout about. They will have to improve their products for WOC to get me back there. Heh, I moving to Toronto in January, from Barbados no less.

How bout we switch places?!

My father is from barbados. I went there once to visit family a longg time ago.. man I wish I could afford to go again.

Lapis

sorry had to bring back this old-ish topic, to make sure I wasn't nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey99
I wear 80 in MUFE Mat Velvet
180 in MUFE HD Foundation
Clinique Stay Brandy
MAC MSF Deep Dark
MAC MSF Loose Deeper Dark
Prescriptives Virtual Matte Pressed Powder in Level 6

I'm sooo glad to see this post
I thought I was crazy today 177 which every one says is for nw45 looked like crap on me, I'm a 178 or 180 MUFE HD (need to play around with the samples and see which works best)

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
sorry had to bring back this old-ish topic, to make sure I wasn't nuts.

I'm sooo glad to see this post
I thought I was crazy today 177 which every one says is for nw45 looked like crap on me, I'm a 178 or 180 MUFE HD (need to play around with the samples and see which works best)

I understand! I went to Sephora thinking I was one color. Even from the online guide, I did not think I was a 180. The 178 was way too reddish/orangish. I didn't blend correctly. The 180 is just about perfect. I am NW 45/47 (NW 46 would be perfect since I have to blend 45 and 47 together).

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey99
I understand! I went to Sephora thinking I was one color. Even from the online guide, I did not think I was a 180. The 178 was way too reddish/orangish. I didn't blend correctly. The 180 is just about perfect. I am NW 45/47 (NW 46 would be perfect since I have to blend 45 and 47 together).

The mua at sephora gave me enough of each color for 2-3 applications each, today I wore 178 and it's nice, tomorrow will be 180.
I'm definately over mac foundation, I went walking, cooked everything with a full face that is not moving
yahoo.gif

machonesty

maybelline min power liq foundation Dark 1 (now they have a 2 and 3)

Revlon ColorStay Cappucinno mix with Black Opal Truly Topaz (my old color, idk, i got darker lol)

i used to be nc 45 now im nw 45

I wanna try Black Opal in Bronze, I think that would be my shade
In Iman, I'm Clay 5 or Earth 1 according to the chart on her website

I really like Becca cosmetics as well, but very pricey

sss215

I am only NW45 in studio fix powder. Everything else is so different. I am #80 in MUFE mat velvet.

MrsFen

I was wearing the wrong shade for the longest time. Since 2004 I had been wearing NW43, and I always thought it looked wrong, but the next shade [NW45] looked too dark, so I was just like "f**k it". Then a few months ago I got tired of never feeling okay with the shade I was wearing, so I ordered NW45. It's been lovely since then LOL
I recently had the same issue.

First I used NW43, then an MUA told me I was an NC45. I wore that for many years (looked ashy in pictures :(). Recently a MUA told me that I am more of an NW43 (again!) and then a few weeks later when I went to a MAC counter they told me that I am an NW45. We will see how this works out.