***Where to get cleansing oil...?

Lucenah

...in Canada?
And not online please, I prefer to go to an actual store...

And what are good cleansing oils? Or are they all generally the same?

All I can find is Lancome Huile Douceur and Clarins Pure Melt gel, but they're both so expensive!
*oh, and the MAC oil... but still... expensive! (but do they work well? Because then I wouldn't mind..)

th_dunno.gif

KristyVictoria

You can buy Alpha Keri oil at any drug store for about $8. Just make sure you wet your skin before you use it, just like any other oil. It works as a cleanser as well as a moisturizer. It looks like this:
200.jpg

X4biddenxLustX

I've tried both the Lancome and Clarin's cleansing oil and I hated them both. They both left a weird residue on my face even after I washed my face afterward. Plus they are just wayy too over priced. They want $30+?! Frickin insane, I tell ya!

I do highly recommend the MAC one. I know its expensive in Canada but I think its the cheapest one you'll find that actually works well and doesn't leave any residue. Another good one is the Take the Day Off Balm from Clinique. I'm pretty sure there is a Clinique counter in Canada since its such a big company. It is more expensive than the MAC one though by a few dollars at least here in the U.S. it is. But it works well also and I am currently using it now.

Hope this helps!

Lucenah

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
I've tried both the Lancome and Clarin's cleansing oil and I hated them both. They both left a weird residue on my face even after I washed my face afterward. Plus they are just wayy too over priced. They want $30+?! Frickin insane, I tell ya!

I do highly recommend the MAC one. I know its expensive in Canada but I think its the cheapest one you'll find that actually works well and doesn't leave any residue. Another good one is the Take the Day Off Balm from Clinique. I'm pretty sure there is a Clinique counter in Canada since its such a big company. It is more expensive than the MAC one though by a few dollars at least here in the U.S. it is. But it works well also and I am currently using it now.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, that helps a lot. Yeah I saw that the Lancome one was $38 CAN and the Clarins $36 CAN, so I was pretty iffy about them... The MAC I found is $25, which to me is relatively decent compared to the others... I actually thought it would cost more but I can deal with $25 xDD
And I'm not too big on the Clinique stuff, it doesn't sound like something my skin would like.
I'll see, I'll probably get the MAC cause I really need a decent makeup remover, but if anyone else knows anything feel free to post. :)

X4biddenxLustX

The one from MAC is definitely the most cost effective. I'd also rate it as the 2nd best one at removing makeup that I've tried (first being the DHC one but since your in Canada and that stuff is expensive to begin with, its probably not an option.)

I do find that Clinique is a bit overrated also when they talk about how good their products are to the skin, how gentle and how good it is for sensitive skin. My skin also HATES a lot of their products. I can get away with the Take the day off balm and their city block sunblock and that's about it I think.