Which e/s duos should I buy?

poodlegirl4

I am NC20 with dark brown hair and eyes and trying to choose between the following:
-Charade
-Cordura
-Paris
Thank you!

Temptasia

I have all three.

I probably get the most use out of Cordura for intense brown smokey eye or used seperately as liner colors, followed by Charade for a smokey neutral look...the colors can be used as midtones and to contour the crease, and Paris which has very wearable greys...the darker grey could be used wet and great as a dark grey liner.

With your coloring you could definitely wear any of them.

poodlegirl4

Thanks so much for your help- I really appreciate it! I'm just wondering which would work best when I buy the Modern Love palette as well. Do you think Cordura is too similar to Modern Love to buy both right now?

Temptasia

I think Modern Love is a great one to get:

Alhambra (top left)- metallic rose mist
Jezebel (top middle)- shimmering sable
India Song (top right)- shimmering walnut
Tokyo (bottom left)- soft silver-white
Habanera (bottom middle)- sparkling charcoal-plum
Pandora (bottom right)- matte black

If you love browns and want a range of them, the Cordura duo will offer darker, cooler browns and not as reddish as the browns in the Modern love palette. Also, not as shimmery.

You could use Paris with the bottom three (Tokyo, Habanera,Pandora) and Charade with the top three (Alhambra, Jezebel, India Song)

poodlegirl4

Thank you so much! You have really helped me a lot
smiles.gif

Leven

If i may suggest another duo. Surabaya (i think thats how ist spelled) is another great duo for smokie browns. It has a dark shimmery brown, and a more red based shimmering mahogony color. They are both very pigmented and smooth.

igswonderworld

I have Cordura and I can't really do anything without it. I'm NC35 so on my skin it looks a bit more like a neutral smokey -especially with a light hand - but really on my friends, it's a beautiful brown duo that pops brown and/or hazel-ish eyes.

Temptasia

I think Cordura is easier to wear than Surabaya...because Surabaya is very pigmented, but both are worth having if you are a collector.

HeatherLouWho

2d on Surabaya. Love this duo. I do not have Cordura though. I have the Pleasures of Paris palette, which has one of the Cordura shadows and I love that shadow and the palette as a whole. It rivals Modern Love as my favorite NARS e/s palette.