Which lines do "pale yellow foundations" well?

ame

I am pasty and yellowy and I have been having one hell of a time finding a foundation that's super yellowy.

It was suggested I look at Bobbi Brown, MUFE and LM since Mac doesn't have a standard shade that matches me (the horror!).

Any other ideas?

Id like major coverage and liquid since I am kind of not having the luck in powder anymore and I am violently allergic to mineral makeups.

We don't have GA here, which sucks, but I canget most lines at either Sephora, Nordies, Neimans or Saks, though honestly all of them carry pretty much the same things.

newagetomatoz

I use Revlon, but Alima, Amphigory, and (I think) Shu and Shiseido do pale foundations really well. Also, I used to use The Body Shop's foundations and those had paler shades with stronger undertones. HTHS

Kuuipo

Absolutely NARS. Its the only line I have ever found yellow olive enough for me. Even Shiseido was too peach for me, and all of Mercier's and Bobbi Browns too Pink. Lancome was waaaay too pink for me. NARS is the only line I've ever had a match in....

ame

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
I use Revlon, but Alima, Amphigory, and (I think) Shu and Shiseido do pale foundations really well. Also, I used to use The Body Shop's foundations and those had paler shades with stronger undertones. HTHS

OMG Amphigory is still around?! I bought my red hairdye from them FOR YEARS. Sweet!

I got lots of gift cards for my birthday so I am gonna go on a SPREE tomorrow!

Thanks for the recs!

Try Senna Cosmetics Matte Finish Makeup in shade #8. THey have a 40% off special going on right now...the code is MUNYC. This foundation is my hg for pale, yellow skin. I hope you find what you're looking for!

ame

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoongrenade
Try Senna Cosmetics Matte Finish Makeup in shade #8. THey have a 40% off special going on right now...the code is MUNYC. This foundation is my hg for pale, yellow skin. I hope you find what you're looking for!

I have never tried Senna, Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Perscriptives has some very yellow shades. They also color match.

I checked that one out today. I used to wear Vellum in the Virtual Skin line, but it's a lot darker than I remember!

ewlialovesme

Definitely don't go with LM and MUFE - they are way too pink/peach.

Alima and EM are also great, if you're willing to go the online ordering/MMU route. Alima's Golden range looks like fricking curry powder/chartreuse powder but totally works for me.

TDoll

LORAC!! They have a pale yellow (liquid) Oil-Free Neutralizer that can actually be worn as a foundation. I used to use it in the winter months when I don't have a tan. It neutralizes redness, evens everything out, and although it looks really light and yellow, it goes on beautifully and the color blends in to your natural undertones.

ewlialovesme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptasia
I think she mentioned that she is violently allergic to mineral makeup.

Ooops! I missed that.

Kuuipo

ZHEN...........online, great foundations made for Asian skin. Great customer service, great powder, blushes and lipsticks.

ame

Thanks all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
Absolutely NARS. Its the only line I have ever found yellow olive enough for me. Even Shiseido was too peach for me, and all of Mercier's and Bobbi Browns too Pink. Lancome was waaaay too pink for me. NARS is the only line I've ever had a match in....

Deauville looked ok in store. MUFE looked pink, though I only looked at the MatVelvet+, not the HD one. I am going to pick up the HD powder this week I think. LM's Porcelain Ivory is pretty good for me color wise, though still a tiny bit pink, it would work colorwise in a pinch though her liquid foundations just do not want to stay on my skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlialovesme
Alima and EM are also great, if you're willing to go the online ordering/MMU route. Alima's Golden range looks like fricking curry powder/chartreuse powder but totally works for me.

Unfortunately I am very allergic to minerals. I tried Alima and had quite a reaction to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptasia
I think she mentioned that she is violently allergic to mineral makeup.

Yes, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
ZHEN...........online, great foundations made for Asian skin. Great customer service, great powder, blushes and lipsticks.