Which of these foundations should I consider buying?

Kiseki

Usually I wear Laura Mercier's Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer and it does the trick just fine.

However, on some bad skin days or when I just want a bit more coverage, I was thinking of getting a new foundation.

Since I'll be back in the US in a couple of months, I'll get to try some of the brands that aren't regularly available for me in Portugal. I don't buy any foundation before I can try because I don't want to risk buying the wrong shade and wasting money, however, when I do travel I always try new products so I know exactly what I should order.

So, here's my question, which one is best and more natural, I'm a guy, so I don't like that wax figure complexion that some foundations give. I have combination/oily skin.

Here are the three/four foundations I'm curious to try:

Laura Mercier's Oil Free Foundation

NARS Oil Free Foundation

Armani Luminous Silk Foundation or Matte Silk Foundation

Although I don't mind spending money on a good foundation, I can't obviously buy them all to try them, so hence my plea for help.

If anyone wants to recommend another product feel free, however I don't care for any MAC foundations, none I have ever tried has worked for me and believe me I've tried quite a few.

Thanks in advance

makeup_junkie

I've never tried Laura Mercier or Armani, but the NARS foundation made me break out and was not good for my oily skin. I looked like an oil slick.

I would try the Laura Mercier...I've heard such great things about it.

Taj

I would go for a foundation that can be layered to do more coverage. Armani silk surely does the trick without looking thick.

lilmzkimmylady

I have really oily skin as well, and I've tried the Laura Mercier and NARS foundations and they made my skin even greasier. So far the only foundation I've used that I really like, and doesn't make my skin ridiculously oily is Lancome Teint Idole Ultra. Along with Palladio Powdered Blotting Sheets, makes my skin stay matte all day! Hope this helps! =D

Fairybelle

If you love the LM TM, you will REALLY love the LM Oil Free Foundation. It has enough pigmentation to layer to cover areas that need more help, but is sheer enough on the rest of the face to look natural.