Which would you pick?

Wannabe Junkie

Hi,

I'd really appreciate some help. After the lovely responses to my thread the other day, I compiled a list of all the things I would like to get. But I can't spend too much at once
cry.gif
so I've had to narrow it down. I still probably can't have it all just yet so would love your opinions on which bits are a must and which you think I could live without
smiles.gif

So here it is....

Rubenesque PP
Painterly PP
Macroviolet f/l
Vanilla Pig
Northern Light MSF

e/s
Paradisco
Llama
Shroom
Bamboo
Omega
All that glitters
Mink Pink

What would you do??

claresauntie

You need a cream shadow or primer, so get Painterly 1st since it's matte and will work under all colors.

Get Northern Light MSF because it's a limited edition.

And if you can get 3 shadows, get Llama, Bamboo and Paradisco. (Though I like Soba better than Bamboo- if you're not ordering online, you may want to take a look in person and see which browns you are "feeling" when you're in front of them. Just set a limit as to how many you are going to get!
winks.gif
)

Iridescence

hey! I would omit Macroviolet from the list...personally I don't like the color pay off. Its not a bright purple but I dark one, I like the LLL purple better.

what I would go with would be:
Rubenesque, love it!!!
Painterly PP
Northern Lights

Paradisco
Shroom
all that glitters
mink pink

if you're looking for a highlighter, look in person. A lot of people have different opinions on which they prefer. I love crystal avalanche but it depends on you.

good luck!

ilorietta

hey! I would omit Macroviolet from the list...personally I don't like the color pay off. Its not a bright purple but I dark one, I like the LLL purple better.

quote]

I agree with it! Macroviolet is not one of the best fluidlines!
I am afraid I cannot help you with the rest but I have Soba e/s as well and I love it!

MsButterfli

vanilla piggie (great for highlight)
paradisco (just like this color lol)
rubenesque (they go on like bitter)
northern lights (LE product so get it while the getting good lol)

this combo allows u to test different eyeshadow formulas, like right now im preferring piggies and paint pots over my regular shadows right now. some like strictly pigments and some like regular shadows. hth

melliquor

Painterly PP - I didn't care for this but I need to play around a bit more.
Macroviolet f/l - I love this. I think it is great. I love dark purple.
Vanilla Pig - Good highlighter
Northern Light MSF - Love this. I would get this before it is sold out.

Paradisco - This is a soft orange. Lovely colour.
All that glitters - Another nice highlighter.

Like somebody suggested above, I would go in person to MAC for you can play with the stuff and see what you like. I personally wouldn't get Vanilla and All that Glitters. You don't need 2 highlighters right now. Focus more on complete looks and what you can use together.

Wannabe Junkie

Thanks guys, your replies have been really helpful. It's really useful to know you don't rate the macroviolet, I liked the look of it from website but it's not the same as seeing it in the flesh. Unfortunately I'm reliant on hubby going to get the bits for me this time as I'm too close to my due date to waddle to the shops! I might save the ones I need to see in person till I can visit the counter myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsButterfli
this combo allows u to test different eyeshadow formulas, like right now im preferring piggies and paint pots over my regular shadows right now. some like strictly pigments and some like regular shadows. hth

I really like this suggestion MsButterfli :thumbsup:. I'm still new to MAC products so not sure what textures/formulas I like best.

Joke

I would get Shroom OR Vanilla pigment. Both are highlighters that do the same job.

KAIA

Def. Northern lights MSF. since is LE..
Vanilla Pigment as a highlight
All that glitters because it goes great with a lot of e/s

panda0410

Vanilla piggie you can get any time because its perm but if you are after at least one highlighter it would be Vanilla piggie and not an e/s that you would probably get better value from. I would get Northern Light now while you still can, and at least one of the paint pots you were after and a nice eyeshadow that isnt a highlighter for some colour
smiles.gif

aziajs

I'd get:

Rubenesque PP
Painterly PP
Vanilla Pig
Northern Light MSF

e/s
Shroom
All that glitters

I'd just get one paint pot. Which ever one you like more, unless these are part of the LE ones from Novel Twist, in which case get them both. Vanilla pigment is a staple. It looks great on everyone. Northern Light is LE and very shortly will be difficult to find. The Shroom and All that glitters are staples.

Dizzyray822

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
You need a cream shadow or primer, so get Painterly 1st since it's matte and will work under all colors.

I agree you def need a base.
My favs from the list would be..... Northern Lights MSF, Paradisco e/s, Vanilla Piggie(my total fav), and All That Glitters. BTW.... I have Mink Pink e/s and i honestly can't for the life of me get this to work, i am fair and it looks too washed out I find so I would swatch this on your skin before buying. Good Luck!

Wannabe Junkie

Thanks again everyone, my hubby has been given the shopping list and will hopefully get the bits today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they still have Northern Lights.

I really have uhmed and ahhed about the e/s - it's difficult not seeing them in the flesh. I've taken on board that if I get vanilla I don't need a highlight e/s so huge thanks for that advice. I bet I'll change my mind a couple of times before he gets there!
lol.gif
So here's what I've gone for;

Steamy e/s
Mink Pink e/s (though not sure now after what you said Dizzyray!)
Northern Light MSF
Vanilla Pigment
Macroviolet f/l
Painterly

I know it's a bit of a hotch potch but I'm hoping to put it together with other things I have to make complete looks. I'm wondering now if I should swap Mink Pink for Paradisco or another colour - a blue or purple maybe??

I'm very fair and I loooove Mink Pink. It just surprises me sometimes because it comes out darker than it looks before you swatch it.