Who are your favorite pigment sample sellers?

shonntew

Re: your favorite pigment sample sellers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Yes, it's true. If you do a search, you'll see this seller has been mentioned a few times
ssad.gif

Wow that is too bad! I have probably 20 samples from her, they all seem ok though. Xfingers

Ciani

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonntew
I wanted to bump this. Any good ones in the US?

1165Cheryl

She's very awesome to buy from, I'm on my 3rd order I think now in the last couple months. She's always quick to answer my questions and her items are packaged very secure with such care. Shipping is fast too.
smiles.gif
I agree with the rest in saying she is very generous with her sample sizes too!

She also makes her own line of shadows that are gorgeous! I plan to buy quite a few when I'm finished getting a few more MAC samples.

poppysmum

I should buy more samples. I tend to buy full jars because I use them for so many things but I should buy samples of the colours I won't use as often. Thanks for all the recommendations.

suzy.q

Re: where do you get your pigment samples?

I too have recently started shopping at Makeupgeek.com, and will definitely continue to do so! Love their fast service!

VanillaGorilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkglitter
really?
ssad.gif

I've gotten my pigments from her a few times.

me too! This is worrying
ssad.gif

christinebezans

Re: Mac pigment samples?

I bought some from thebodyneedsmacpigment samples a while ago and recently my bf bought my the full pots from the store, in when i compared the ones i had, they were not authentic. I am pretty upset that after spending so much on over 60 samples, plus the shipping being through the roof that I would be sent fakes by what is suppose to be a reputable seller...So from now on I am willing to pay a bit more to guarantee authenticity from a reputable seller.

shonntew

Did you contact thebodyneeds about this? If so what did they say?
I have purchased from them in the past. What colors did you notice were fake?

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinebezans
I bought some from thebodyneedsmacpigment samples a while ago and recently my bf bought my the full pots from the store, in when i compared the ones i had, they were not authentic. I am pretty upset that after spending so much on over 60 samples, plus the shipping being through the roof that I would be sent fakes by what is suppose to be a reputable seller...So from now on I am willing to pay a bit more to guarantee authenticity from a reputable seller.

Unfortunately this seller has been mentioned numerous times on this site for selling fakes. Some of these "reputable sellers" don't seem to care about safety issues or their "reputable name." Very sad.

christinebezans

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonntew
Did you contact thebodyneeds about this? If so what did they say?
I have purchased from them in the past. What colors did you notice were fake?

No I didnt bother contacting them regarding this because I ordered them a few months ago, do you think its worth letting them know? since I dont actually want a replacement now that I have the actual authentic products.

The colors that I noticed were very different were White Gold (the real one was a lot lighter than the fake), Basic red, and pink bronze. I am slowly ordering the real ones, so if i find more ill say so, but now i know why there only $2 a piece! lol. I dont think there all fakes, but those are the ones that i noticed. Not only that but in my personal opinion paying over $50 for shipping on an order that is so tiny is wayy too much.

christinebezans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Unfortunately this seller has been mentioned numerous times on this site for selling fakes. Some of these "reputable sellers" don't seem to care about safety issues or their "reputable name." Very sad.

I can see that, very disappointing, cuz us makeup lovers tend to spend a lot of money on makeup, and if they would just be honest about the product and sell legit stuff they'd be much more successful. Eventually people will pick up on it. I did research it initially but at that time I didnt find too many complaints, or maybe I didnt look closely enough. None the less, sometimes its better just to pay a tad bit more for something you know will be guaranteed.

Has anyone else noticed that the 'fakes' are getting better and better? ITs unreal, sometimes its hard to even tell the difference unless you look carefully.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinebezans
I can see that, very disappointing, cuz us makeup lovers tend to spend a lot of money on makeup, and if they would just be honest about the product and sell legit stuff they'd be much more successful. Eventually people will pick up on it. I did research it initially but at that time I didnt find too many complaints, or maybe I didnt look closely enough. None the less, sometimes its better just to pay a tad bit more for something you know will be guaranteed.

Has anyone else noticed that the 'fakes' are getting better and better? ITs unreal, sometimes its hard to even tell the difference unless you look carefully.

As you said, not all of them are fakes but a lot of them are...especially LE/HTF colors. This seller is going to tell you she has receipts (which I'm sure she does for the AUTHENTIC ones), that she only buys at Mac (again this can only apply to the AUTHENTIC ones), and she would never "risk her reputation." I've dealt with this seller before. It's worth a shot though. You would think that "eventually people will pick up on it," but this seller has been in business for a long time, and people continue to buy.