Who else hennas their hair? (pics?)

sallytheragdol

Does it wash out/fade(will I have to deal with roots, basically)? What are the best brands to try? is there a way to strand test it or do you have to do your whole head?

user79

I've had mixed results with henna. The thing that annoys me the most is how varied the results are from the pictures on the box, or the samples of hair they have at the drugstore. I once tried a mahogany shade and my hair was like a purply black when it came out. I didn't like it at all.

It's sort of like an experiment because unless you do a time-consuming strand test, you just don't know how it's going to look. I don't like that aspect about it at all.

lynette

henna on hair !

Oh yes, i have been using henna too on my hair but i make it a hair pack in which i add , some coffee, curd, break an egg into it and some mustard oil and mix it well and keep it like that for an hour or so. After that i apply the pack on my hair properly covering all the greys and all the hair properly too. Leave it on to dry and then shampoo it off well.
Henna can be drying if used frequently but if combined with egg and curd they are greatly nourishing and deeply condition the hair .
Henna on the hair is terrific and can be done at least once a week for consistent results.

Angelic Me!

WoooW!! I love Henna!
my last one was 8 months ago !
Henna is very good to your hair Especilty if you use the ORGINAL >> `cuse there R alot of henna full with colors!!!
any way .. Henna is perfect to your hair if you use it once every two months <<
you add to henna olie oil 4 dry hair
limon for oily hair << NOT MUCH limon
and for alettel rednss use tea Bags 1-2 bag+olive oil 1 spoon leav it in your hair for 4-6 hours belive me it`s WORTHIT : )

THANKS for TOPICS Sweeti : )

litlaur

I used Lush's Caca Marron yesterday. It didn't quite turn out how I expected, but I like it. It's like a cinnamon/coppery color, great for summer.

Before:
3_24_06f.jpg

After:
henna1.jpg

henna2.jpg

islandblossom

i used hennalucent's bark brown today hoping that it would help cover my old and very outgrown highlights but the faded highlights are still noticeable. =( on the brigthside, my hair feels 10x healthier and softer than it was BEFORE i henna'd it...

how long until i should henna my hair again and what brand is better than hennalucent?

misslilith

I use colourless henna (it`s a plant named cassia with similar features like henna but not able to dye your hair) as a hairmask.
It`s really not for blond hair because they can become green but for others who don`t want to change their haircolor it`s great as it leaves your hair healthy and shiny just as the real henna.

Kuuipo

Neutral henna can be slightly green or orange. Occasionally, it leaves a stain. Neutral henna makes a really good hair filler for damadged hair. It's like putting a candy coating on top of hair-makes it shiny. It's also good-lets say you are bleached blonde and you want to go darker.If you fill with neutral henna first, the color will take more evenly and not grab too much green if you are going ash, or too much red if you go chocolate. You can also do the henna, color, henna sequence to lock in color.
Some people mix their hennas with tea or coffee instead of water. Or Celestial seasons Red Zinger to kick the color up

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlaur
I used Lush's Caca Marron yesterday. It didn't quite turn out how I expected, but I like it. It's like a cinnamon/coppery color, great for summer.

Before:
3_24_06f.jpg

After:
henna1.jpg

henna2.jpg

Love the cut, love the color!

M.A.C.tastic

just wanted to give you girls a quick fyi....i am a hairstylist and i can tell you, henna is great for conditioning, color etc. but if you ever want to color or highlight your hair after doing henna, beware, because it is very hard to remove and if you use store bought color or go to a colorist and dont tell them you have henna on your hair it could break off into mush. something in henna reacts to regular haircolor and when mixed on your hair it almost melts it off. not to scare you just letting you know henna"ing" your hair is a commitment.

Kuuipo

Henna lasts till the hair grows out-you can not remove it. That's why I say use neutral. I have used neutral to fill double process blonde with good results-but it was spectacular henna-and it was tested on a swatch of my client's hair I had cut during a major style change. If you have black hair, use tinted blue henna ontop of your hair and bleach your hair or use color remover you will still have a wacky metallic cop car blue head of hair when its stripped. Henna fills the cuticle. Thats why it makes it shiny, less frizzed and more conditioned looking. Don't try to perm over it either. Your perm won't take.

DigitalFaery

I'm considering dying my hair with henna.
But i'm still anxious that the colour will turn out orange or tomato red. I'd actually like a brown reddish, sort of mahogany (my hairs natural colour is a blondish brown)
Lately i also red that some hennas can contain chemicals that can cause your hair to fall out on long-term, does anyone know which ones?
And can you use henna on top of a 'normal' hairdye?

imperfectbeauty

i haven't done a henna treatment for my hair in so long because i haven't had the time. it definately does help my hair though.

sass000

I used to get my hair professionally dyed. After a few years I developed alopecia, my dermatologist said it was not related to the hair dye. Some time after that (while I still had alopecia) I decided to stop dying my hair. Coincidently my alopecia ceased. Was the alopecia related to the dye?
th_dunno.gif
I decided better to have undyed hair than no hair, so for a while I just left my hair alone. After a year or two I was really missing the red color the dye used to give my hair and decided to try henna. I haven't looked back since. There is a big difference between hennas, after much research I decided to buy my henna at mehandi.com. While the color is not as vibrant as it was when I dyed it , I still like it and not having to worry about it having chemicals and such.
smiles.gif

swetnmellow

Does it wash out/fade(will I have to deal with roots, basically)? What are the best brands to try? is there a way to strand test it or do you have to do your whole head?

Ive been using henna for 10years now, and i m soo happyy with it i never chemically dye my hair! No henna doesnt wash out, u will have to wait till ur hair grows back... ive always used the one u can get at the nearest indian/middle eastern store, make sure though its pure henna not mixed with something else..

u will have to touch up the roots every 2 months but u dont need to the whole head.. i basically bend down in the shower, massage my scalp with my henna mix and leave it for 4h, wash it et voila!
u can do a strand test before u try on ur whole head. my mix is:

300g of henna ( from indian store)
2-3tablespoon paprika (to help for that red glow)
4 bags raspberry tea
2tbsp of honey (good conditioner)
1tbsp of olive oil (conditioning)

let it sit for ~10-12h in warm place for dye release, put it on make sure all ur hair is well covered (i have long hair i always use 300g, be careful its messy and the stains are hard to get rid of!) i keep it for 4h (the longer the richer and the deeper the color will be) i hop in the shower and wash with lots of conditioner.

I get a deep rich chestnut hair (my har is naturally dark brown), it really work great for me!!

Patricia

sushi_flower, your hair looks fantastic!!

i really wanna try henna now!!! but my hair is naturally reddish and i would like to get brown, but a neutral brown... i'm scared cos i don't wanna end up with orange hair cos i hate it on me

Nox

I love henna, and I've been doing it for almost two years now! I actually use a henna/amla/indigo mix to create a black-chocolate color, I love it!

I mix mine with (real, not "Yoplait") yogurt and hot water. I let it sit for 3-4 hours, I put it on my head and leave it for 3-4 hours. Rinse out and I'm done!

Sushi_Flower

Wow i started this thread 3 years ago and it's still going! Funny to read what i wrote back then, because since then i've been using hair dye with great results!
But now i've decided to go back to natural hair colour and will probably go back to using henna for shine and and a hint of colour.
Glad my thread has introduced people to henna and inspired them all these years!