Who uses non-eye safe pigments on their eyes?

instantkorver

How many of you use non-eye safe pigments on your eyes? How do you use them? And have you ever gotten an infection or anything? Please share! There's alot of colors I want... esp Ruby Red. But I'm terrified of getting some sort of infection. Any tips??
th_wink3.gif

notevenjail

There are some people who use them. Some are fine, but others have had eye damage, corneal scratches, inflammation, pain, discomfort, and one girl started getting headaches whenever she wore one.

Personally, I think is it worth risking your sight for a certain look? Definitely not, especially when it's quite easy to purchase eye safe reds. Ben Nye makes a couple, Bloody Mary Rebel makes a red that's supposed to be quite good, and even Anna Sui has one. There's also a large market of bright pinks and oranges. I also equate the use of non-eyesafe pigments on the eyes the same as using a sharpie - you just don't do it!

I hope this helps you decide whether or not to wear them.
smiles.gif

instantkorver

Thank you!
smiles.gif
I think I'll pass them up. I'm still waiting to check out the new reformulated versions of Cornflower and Teal... two colors I have always wanted but never wore since they weren't eye safe!

Shawna

I have used fairylite on my eyes and I didn't realized it wasn't safe. I have never had a problem, but I wear disposable contact lenses so my eyes are probably protected. I haven't used it since I found out it was not safe. Make Up For Ever makes star powders which have some really neat colours and they are all eyesafe. So are their glitters. I use them and have never had a problem.

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
ditto what notvenjail said.. also, kryolan makes a great red shadow which is eye safe.. here's a link to the one that i use..
greengrin.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...23952&rd=1

There is actually a bit of controversy over that... as it seems that the color that many locations are marketing as an eyeshadow is listed as a dry rouge in the catalog. I'm looking into it.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
ditto what notvenjail said.. also, kryolan makes a great red shadow which is eye safe.. here's a link to the one that i use..
greengrin.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...23952&rd=1

There is actually a bit of controversy over that... as it seems that the color that many locations are marketing as an eyeshadow is listed as a dry rouge in the catalog. I'm looking into it.

really?? thanks for the info martygreene.. i've been using that red shadow for a little while now, and so far so good, cos i've never had any irritation or problems with it. a lot of my friends who are MA's also use it too so that would be good to know...
greengrin.gif

ladybugz07

I have used a few NON eyesafe pigments on my eyes and never had any problems. I usually don't use quite as much as I would with the eyesafe ones though. I don't line with them either... I don't have sensitive eyes, however.
Sorry I'm not much help. If it really worries you, then maybe you shouldn't use them on your eyes.

mac_obsession

Ive used a ton of non-eyesafe pigments on my eyes...Of course I didnt really "know" they werent eye safe until after learning more about it here...

When I spoke to a MA when purchasing pigments & Glitters I asked if they could be used on the eye and she said yea just not inside it...well duhh..obviously lol

But now that I know which are not eyesafe I tend to stay away from them as I really dont want to go blind or get an infection or anything...

peridot_99 pigments depend on the formulation there are matte, frost, duochrome, reformulated mattes and frosts and one thats in between a matte and a shimmer...

Heres a list http://specktra.net/pigments.php and heres info on em http://specktra.net/pro_products.php under multiuse

glassjaw326

is there a list somewhere that tells you which pigments or mac items or eyesafe and which are not? i would really like to know since i probably have tons that are not eyesafe. please help...

glassjaw326

thanks groupie! i knew it was on here somewhere but i had the hardest time in the world finding it! im retarded!

Alison

the way I see it is MAC would probably love to market all of their pigments as eye safe, so when they say that some aren't they probably have a pretty good reason for it.