Why No Matte2 Love?

Randy Rose

Does anybody else wonder why MAC doesn't put out Matte2 shadows with the LE collections, but they put out Mattes? I don't think there is any doubt that the Matte2 formula is superior . . . so why keep putting out products with inferior finishes? I understand keeping the current perm Mattes around (although if it were up to me I'd replace them all with Matte2) but it seems so strange to kep releasing new colors in the old formula. I haven't been using MAC for a super long time (Matte2 is the first new formula I've seen launched), so I don't know how long it usually takes for the new finishes to work their way into LE collections. Anybody have any thoughts or info?
smiles.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

I agree 100%. I work for MAC and I don't even understand it. Perhaps it deals with money issues, since the Matte2 are milled more times or something. I agree though. I wish we could get a Spiced Chocolate, a Violet Trance, and an Expresso in Matte2. =/

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
I agree 100%. I work for MAC and I don't even understand it. Perhaps it deals with money issues, since the Matte2 are milled more times or something. I agree though. I wish we could get a Spiced Chocolate, a Violet Trance, and an Expresso in Matte2. =/

Espresso in Matte2! What a great idea!!
yes.gif

OfficerJenny

Yea I think it is really weird when MAC comes out with a finish designed to potentially "replace" another finish, and they never use it besides in the initial launch.

It would be great if they reformulated all the notsopigmented mattes to be matte2 ;-;

aimee

i wish they would reformulate all the old mattes into new matte2 or atleast release more matte2 eyeshadows since the texture is easier to work with.....but instead of releasing more they discontinnue some of them
ssad.gif

KellyBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
Yea I think it is really weird when MAC comes out with a finish designed to potentially "replace" another finish, and they never use it besides in the initial launch.

I wonder if they'll do this with cremesheen...? Wasn't that to replace the amplified cremes?

NoAddedSugar

I think the people at Mac are literally on crack sometimes with this stuff.

I agree about Matte2 its brilliant stuff, why go LE on items or finishes?

sharkbytes

Not only that, but Post Haste, Signed Sealed, and Pen N' Pink are all being discontinued! WTF, they finally have an amazing matte formula, and they're getting rid of my favorite deep maroon that actually blends well. I love MAC but they really frustrate me sometimes :/

DirtyHarriet

matte2 are my FAVE!

and one more thing to add even though it's slightly off topic - i do wish that the finish was visible on the e/s page on the website, and not just when you scroll over the color!

Randy Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarriet
matte2 are my FAVE!

and one more thing to add even though it's slightly off topic - i do wish that the finish was visible on the e/s page on the website, and not just when you scroll over the color!

Not a total solution but you do know you can sort by finish, right? (that is, you can have it just show Matte2 or Veluxe or whatever)

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Signed, Sealed is so beautiful. They can't expect me to really use Shadowy Lady EVER.

Absolutely. I ordered one last week.

I had been going back and forth between what I wanted but I figured I'd better snag one before they go bye bye.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Signed, Sealed is so beautiful. They can't expect me to really use Shadowy Lady EVER.

Seriously.
I can't understand why they'd axe Signed, Sealed instead of that awful Shadowy Lady.
I love MAC but really... why??
th_dunno.gif

aimee

my faves are Graphology and Copperplate

i will have to get typographic and handwritten next

Does anyone know how Handwritten compares to Espresso ? colorwise?