Why no new Mac Paints?

Star

I admit I have not been buying Mac for a very long time, a couple of years, maybe three.

I don't recall when the last time was that they released a new Paint. I love them, and it would be great to be able to add a new shade every once in a while. Have they given up on these?

I have Bare Canvas, Stilife, Shimma and Untitled. Next I am buying Chartru and Portraiture.

laceymeow

i think i read on livejournal a while back that there are gonna be a few new paints coming out in the fall. i'll see if i can find the entry.
smiles.gif

edit: found it! there's 6 new shades coming out but no date as to when.
(it was posted near the end of june.)

Star

YAY, I hope so! Even in this fricken heat, they don't crease. That says something.

saj20052006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
I admit I have not been buying Mac for a very long time, a couple of years, maybe three.

I don't recall when the last time was that they released a new Paint. I love them, and it would be great to be able to add a new shade every once in a while. Have they given up on these?

I have Bare Canvas, Stilife, Shimma and Untitled. Next I am buying Chartru and Portraiture.

My guess is how many more colors can the possibly come out with. Have you tried:

Flammable
Artjam
Blueboy

Oh I heard from my MA that Magrittes is being re-released this fall.

galvanizer

Any colour descriptions yet, or just that there will be 6 new? (yes, it's been a while since new ones came out...)

Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj20052006
My guess is how many more colors can the possibly come out with.

I dunno, they have a gazillion eyeshadow colors...

saj20052006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj20052006
My guess is how many more colors can the possibly come out with.

I dunno, they have a gazillion eyeshadow colors...

This is true, but I think that quite a few of them overlap, once you start using paints, pigments, eyeshadows, shadesticks and fluidliners.