Why Shadestick?

Navessa

is it great for color intensity? how do the e/s layer on it? what's the trick to use it as a liner?

never used one b4 so i have lots of ?s
smiles.gif

thanks!

user4

ok to use it as a base what i do is put beiging usually all over the eye (not to thick cuz if u put it thick it will crease a lot) and then blend a bit with my finger... when it seems like its decently blended i take the 217 brush and blend it a bit more (i like for it to be a thin layer cuz i HATE creasing and it used to crease on me)... then i just put the shadow on it... it'll bring out the color... if you want to use a specific color like corn is great to bring out yellows/golds and mangomix is great to bring out oranges/corals and sharkskin is great to darken, well dark colors.... u can put that in the area where u want the color and then blend with the 217 and layer the shadow on top...

i've never used it as a liner but i suspect you could just apply it with a liner brush like the 266 and then top it with a shadow to seal... but dont take my word for it...

giz2000

It is my favorite product to use as an eyeshadow base...the only other base I use is Fluidline, but mostly for dark colors...I find that Cream Color Bases crease and that the eye primer doesn't really do much...

legaleagle

Omg!

Your girls are adorable. I also have 2 daughters, ages 5 and 8. My 8 year old always wants to wear my MAC eyeshadow and lipglass.

Regarding the shadesticks, I just have one which is Sharkskin and use it mainly for eyelining. However, I think you can use them like an e/s base, but I always use Bare Canvas paint.