Winter Weather

Janice

How my fellow Texans holding up out there? I know Waco is being hit really hard right now and it's headed north towards my neck of the woods.

Here in Texas we don't get major winter storms, like the one rolling through now, every year so it's always an event when we do. Work msg'd me earlier telling me to stay home today, so I thought I would check in with the rest of you around the state, country, and world, to see how you're holding up.
type.gif

So, to those reading this - What's your weather like today?
smiles.gif

It's nice and icy here as well. I'm in Denton (North of Dallas). The only winter weather that Texas really sees involves ice. I wouldn't mind snow but we always get ice which makes for dangerous driving. And I really wanted to go shopping today too! Guess I will have to postpone that trip.

Janice

The austin internation airport registered Snow from 7:01 - 7:06 AM this morning. The weather man on news8 Austin predicted snow tonight.
oh.gif

But ya, there are plans I had today that I really wanted to keep, and am going to try to keep no matter what the weather.
ssad.gif
Boooo ice!

Hawkeye

Not in TX but in GA and I want you all to send it THIS way! We're enjoying a nice happy spring over here. The flowers are already blooming, we have a cherry tree that was blooming on Christmas...

It's crazy. Send it over!

amoona

I live in California ... the San Francisco Bay Area to be specific ... it's FREEZING! Thursday-Sunday I believe the weather was about 20 degrees at night. Today it was in the mid 40s and very windy. I know for some people that's not cold ... but I live in California!!! This is not ok haha. If I wanted this weather I'd live in New England.

I've totally been a bum this past week and look a mess when I go to work lol. It's too cold to try and look cute, I've been wearing at least 3 or 4 sweaters at a time haha. :-( Where's my California sun?! PLEASE COME BACK TO ME!!!!!!!!!!

spectrolite

Omg please, I will take some snow or even just a little bit of rain. Bring back winter!!It's so hot here in Melbourne at the moment. Today it was around 39 degrees which is about 102F and I've got no air conditioner. My skin felt like it was melting off when I was out earlier and I've been toasted! To make things worse there was a power outage across most of the city including my suburb which meant I didn't even have my crappy old noisy fan
th_remoteImage-61.gif

It's back on now but its just blowing hot air and I just called to order a pizza but the place I get them from can't make any because thier power is still out
weeping.gif
This weather will continue for the rest of the week apparently. The heat just does my head in a bit..

MAC_Whore

Sadly, it has been pretty mild here. Like warm-enough-to-open-the-windows kind of mild.

I love the snow, in measured doses that is. I don't know if I could live someplace where it snows all winter. That might be a bit much for me. I know it's snowing (or recently did snow) in Seattle. I wish I was there! Soon enough.
smiles.gif

Shimmer

It's hysterical to watch Texans try to drive in precipitation.
It's COLD here. We had ice over the top of our pool. :/ A thin layer but considering the pump has been running for a couple of days, that surprised me.

Jessica

OMG! It's freezing outside and our heater went out!!!! I'll admit, I'm a Texan through and through. Give me 85-95* days and I'm as happy as a girl can be. Right now it's 63* in our house and the repair man cannot make it out until tomorrow afternoon!!!! So, i've been completely ghetto and i have turned on the oven a couple of times to try to warm up the house a bit
ssad.gif

And, yes true to Texas form.....I cannot drive in the ice....so the possibility of getting a space heater is nixed.

Thanks for letting me bitch about the crappy weather.

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
It's hysterical to watch Texans try to drive in precipitation.

I couldn't agree more. My fiance is born in NY and grew up in Chicago so he laughs that Texans can't drive in this... however on the good side both UT and Southwestern were closed... and no work! Yay me!

~LadyLocks~

I'm in the bay area, Calfornia. The sun is out but it's freezing here. I'd almost like to say if it rained, we'd have snow. It's been that COLD!! I hate the cold...ahhhhh!

Hawkeye

Snow? On the beach?!

*THAT* close to the equator?

I mean living in GA I think I've seen snow maybe 10 times max

Wow. I gotta see that *runs off to look for info on internet*

Shimmer

I remember it snowing in Savannah. People didn't know WHAT to do.

We're still pretty cold/slick here.
smiles.gif

little teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
Snow? On the beach?!

*THAT* close to the equator?

I mean living in GA I think I've seen snow maybe 10 times max

Wow. I gotta see that *runs off to look for info on internet*

lmao!!