Winters Chill - Inspired by Nireyna

nanefy

Hey Guys,

I've been left in tonight as my boyfriend is out on his works Christmas night out :-(

But not too sad, because it means I can do my makeup in peace! lol.

So here is the look (please bear in mind I have used some of Nireyna's concepts and I am totally not trying to be her and I'm not trying to pass one of her looks off as my own):

8825854a9628513587l.jpg

8825854a9628513659l.jpg

8825854a9628513930l.jpg

8825854a9628513993l.jpg

Products Used:
Electric Eel e/s
Gesso e/s
Deep Truth e/s
Carbon e/s
Black collection 2000 Khol eyeliner (used to define shapes and used on waterline)
Blacktrack fluid line
Nars Mascara (Black Orchid)
Benetint
The Gloss by Benefit in No Peeking
Gesso e/s on the cheeks as a highlight

Well thats about all I used, hope you like it! :)

Ciao xxx

nanefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber
It's AMAZING!
What brushes did you use to do the eyes?

Hey everyone thanks for such lovely comments.

In reply to the question above, I basically use a 242 brush for most things (in fact I only have one but would preferably have about 5 or 6 which I think I might do, because its my favourite eye brush). I also use a tiny concealer brush to blend in the pencil and anything creamy, which is a non branded brush that I bought from Panacea81. Other than that, I don't think I used anything else.

I used to be a huge makeup addict back in College (which was a LONG time ago) and never used brushes and then recently, when I started earning more money, I reignited my love for makeup and what with the addition of youtube since then, its been great to meet like minded people. What I would say though, is that people tend to buy products (and I too am guilty of it) just because its MAC, so I have like most of the MAC brushes but now find that in actual fact, I only use the ones that work for me which is basically the 242! I do use the pencil brush (219 I think) now and again, but blending brushes I avoid like the plague. I have about 5 blending brushes and barely use any of them unless I am putting on an all over base colour.

Its all about preference and what works for your own eyes, but I think too many brushes is just confusing and one brush does the job for me.

Anyway, life story over! lol.

Glad everyone enjoyed this look (according to my colleague at work, its my ziggy stardust look! lol).

Ciao xxx

leenybeeny

WOW... you did a beautiful job.. it is so precise.. I can never get designs like that so symmertrical (see my icon haha!)