WOC: Art Supplies

colorluvv

I got zinc zone and dirty GPS's. I will use dirty for a neutral look and both for smokey eye looks. I broke down and got all of the pearlglides...They are all so beautiful. I was surprised how nice Almost noir and industrial looked very on my skintone. And I am surprised how much I like the GPS.

sheaspearl83

The Pearlglides are all beautiful; however, today, I only picked up 2 - Designer Purple and Undercurrent.
Style Black made me fall in love with the greasepaint sticks so I definitely was getting a few of these - Greengrease, Below Ground, and Brown, Now (one for my aunt too).
I am so going back for one more of each!

Goat Goat Etc.

I got:
Industrial PGL-a sky blue that goes violet at different angles.
Undercurrent PGL-Green-teal loaded with gold sparkle.
Brown, Now GPS- Red Brown Metallic-on my this is just dark burning red <3
Greengrease GPS- Strong Forest Green

I think I'll be ridiculous and get SlickBlack GPS for me and a friend.

I honestly think MAC should just give SlickBlack GPS for free to anyone that bought the original GPS from Style Black. HAhaha

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lojical1
Is charred mauve anything like the violet gps from the style black collection? I missed out on getting it that time around and wondering if this is my chance for redemption
choochoo.gif

Oh V GPS was from Dsquared2 right after Style Black.

As for your question, I'm with you. IDK.

Goat Goat Etc.

I just made a sad discovery.

I just got Greengrease and Brown, Now GPS. I was playing around with looks and remembered my Kohl Power Pencils in Raven and Mystery. I swatched them next to the GPSs and there's not much difference with the exception of kind of sheens that the KPs (high) and GPSs (low) have.

I know the GPSs have staying power but....I have my preferences. =/

captodometer

I went and swatched yesterday. Loved the GPS and pearlglides, but would definitely pass on the lip markers.

I bought the black GPS from Style Black; the texture of these new ones seems a lot better. Still undecided on buying, though.

carbonlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lojical1
Is charred mauve anything like the violet gps from the style black collection? I missed out on getting it that time around and wondering if this is my chance for redemption
choochoo.gif

I have V from the DSquared collection and Charred Mauve is just a tiny bit darker...it was too close in color for me to buy it.

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
I just made a sad discovery.

I just got Greengrease and Brown, Now GPS. I was playing around with looks and remembered my Kohl Power Pencils in Raven and Mystery. I swatched them next to the GPSs and there's not much difference with the exception of kind of sheens that the KPs (high) and GPSs (low) have.

I know the GPSs have staying power but....I have my preferences. =/

Mystery KP left Greengrease GSP right; Raven KP left Brown, Now GPS left
I know the KPs are darker and the Mystery KP is looking blue-y/teal-y in the pic, but if you had both in real life you could live with one or the other.
photo4.jpg

Again all I have is my Iphone, sorry for the quality--I'm shopping for a a real camera today!

photo2.jpg

smashedseries

Argh, I wish the collection would hurry up and just appear in Singapore already. I'm dying to get my hands on the pearlglides but maccosmetics.com doesn't ship to Singapore. =.=|||

she

aww, i hope industrial p/g isn't being put on an ignore list- it's a really vibrant color, i paired it with birds and berries (using b&b over it) and it makes the prettiest light green
smiles.gif

i do understand that it's one that doesn't "look" like it will work on some people- but imo it's worth playing around with.

HeavenLeiBlu

I hate those lip markers, but all the pearlglides are lovely. I only ended up with Undercurrent. I would have liked all the pearlglides, but to be honest, I would only wear Undercurrent and the blue one. I guess I'm getting to the point where I have more than enough stuff and the allure of getting loads of stuff or dashing out to each collection isn't appealing anymore. I got lucky and was able to snap up a backup of On a Mission BPB though, LOL

bumblebees24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
^ I agree the lip markers just disturb me...I got Almost Noir, Black Line, Designer Purple and Undercurrent pearlglides and I love them all, these colours are so WOC friendly, they are really pigmented and stay put. I'm contemplating going back for Industrial, it was indeed on my ignore list lol, I thought it might look frosty on me but maybe I was a bit hasty?

I'm so satisfied with this collection (well the pearlglides anyway) that I can safely say that for me it can't be beat by anything else released this year (but I am an eyeliner nut so maybe that's why). Therefore, I'm going to calm down with the purchases from now on. I hope
smiles.gif

I hear you on that! I can never seem to resist an eyeliner especially if it's colorful and glittery. It's not like I can use them all up but the nut in me wants to grab them all.

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Virtue
I didn't pick up anything, but now I'm thinking I want Zinc Zone and Greengrease GPS as for the marker pens 1. I'm not a fan of stains and 2. there's something about using a marker that just screams primary school to me!
th_dunno.gif

But who knows! I quite like the idea of wearing a stain to intensify a lustre lipstick let's say!
001_unsure.gif

I hear you on that..

Inamorata

Do the Pearlglide liners smudge? They look so soft.. I don't usually have oily lids but Feline Kohl Power smudged like nobody's business. The colours are beautiful and I want them all, but I don't wanna look like a raccoon!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
MAC Art Supplies Collection: Greasepaint Sticks Review, Photos, Swatches

Temptalia's got side by side swatches, looks like a big ole GO AHEAD, if you didn't get V.

I agree, the two are different enough to warrent having both. I passed on Charred Mauve because it was so dark that I couldn't imagine using it as a base.

Also L'Oreal's HIP Color Rich Cream Crayon in Authentic is a dupe for Greengrease GPS (which is why I passed on it) and in case you are wondering the Cream Crayon performs like a GPS, glides on creamy and doesn't budge.